Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I saw on the ride today.

I can tell you it was completely unexpected. With the weather we have had recently I looked at the forecast last night and providing it was correct-I could get a ride in today. Wasn't going to be that warm- only about 36F but no rain and minimal wind. So 10 am and I got changed into the riding gear with the extras of the Assos Winter jacket and the tights. Haven't used either so far this year but it wasn't too warm. Took the ski mask with me aswell but in the back pocket.

Decided on a gentle ride to see how the legs and lungs had fared after the enforced break I have had. Must be a month since I had done a ride in excess of 15 miles and subject to how I felt- this was going to be longer. Well the legs are OK but the lungs still need a bit of clearing out.--------Or do they? For the first part of the ride down to the coast I managed to put pressure on the legs but kept cadence down just a bit to save the lungs. Hills were taken with a bit in reserve but seemed to be faster and at least one gear higher than normal. 10 miles later and coffee time but in not too bad a time considering how I was saving myself. Ride back home and instead of going home- extended up the MUP to add an extra 10 miles.

So 30 miles done and Although I thought the ride was done gently-It was done at an average of 14mph so is on par with this sort of ride over this terrain. Lungs did improve a bit but they do need some work on them before tackling the steep hilly rides.

But the unexpected thing I saw on the ride?--It is in the top left hand corner of the pic. It wasn't forecast and as rain is forecast for the next week- I may not see it again before christmas.

Sun ride..jpg

So it looks as though it won't take too long for me to get back into shape for those gruelling Pie rides my mates have planned over their Xmas break.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Bacchetta CA2.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's the "sun". It provides light and warmth. We see it almost every day here in the desert.
    Cheers, Gerry
    gerryelam.wordpress.com

Galveston County Texas 10 Wheels's Avatar
    My Bikes
    GTO
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you feel any heat from it?

Sun%20ride_.jpg
    [SIZE=1][B]What I like about Texas[/B]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGukLuXzH1E

Set F1re To The Ra1n ( NY Night Rain Ride)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7jfcWEkSrI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today is the first day in some time that we're seeing much of our mother star in the Philadelphia area. I almost feel giddy.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright
    Favorite rides in the stable: Indy Fab CJ Ti - Colnago MXL - S-Works Roubaix - Habanero Team Issue - Jamis Eclipse carbon/831

My Bikes
    better than I deserve
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like you got a good ride. I know how you feel about old sol. It's been so gloomy and overcast here--combined with the winter solstice nearing--that I have taken to using my bike lights even in mid-day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to finally read a ride post form you, Stap. That strange object in the picture found its way over the Atlantic and is floating over us right now. Sunday and Monday were gray and rainy, today is just plain, stomp down fantastic. A long ride, for me, is in order this afternoon, after work. Sounds like your day was much better than the last month had been in the U.K., weather wise. Any idea how long this might last?

Bill
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where I took this pic is one of my favourite views. The hill on the Horizon is the end of the South Downs before they drop into the sea and re-appear in France. Only 800ft high but it does take some effort to get to the top. Most of the ride was under Cloud cover and this spot was appreciably warmer. So much so that I had to unzip the winter jacket --but not for long. As soon as I went into the shade of trees it cooled down again.

And interesting point. Shower this morning and I weighed 147 lbs--my norm as such. Light breakfast and some cake at the Cafe and after ride shower and I had put on 3lbs. That cake must have been bigger than I thought.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somehow, when I saw the title of the thread, my mind leapt to Dr. Seuss. That would have made a great Dr. Seuss book.

Glad you are getting back on the road. I hope that those Zonies will quit hogging that yellow shiny thing.
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

My Bikes
    Bacchetta CA2.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artkansas View Post

Glad you are getting back on the road. I hope that those Zonies will quit hogging that yellow shiny thing.
    Never!!!!!
    Cheers, Gerry
    gerryelam.wordpress.com

My Bikes
    Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)