Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 12-23-12, 04:17 PM   #26
missjean

Bikes: A slate grey mountain bike & a grey road bike
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Or, marry a woman who loves bikes too.
missjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-12, 10:22 PM   #27
rho

Bikes: Cervelo P1, Time RXRS, De Rosa King RS
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lol.Thanks for the comment missjean, I believe that most girls out there like motorcycles. I even got a greenlight from the girlfriend hey, she even said it shouldnt be a problem to get the so called n+1 bicycle. Win win ...

Unless she is setting me up and brain washing me in advance. Dear god, girls are so mean.

Ronaldo
rho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-12, 11:05 PM   #28
miss kenton

Bikes: Trek '09 1.5 wsd, Trek '13 Cocoa
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rho View Post
Lol.Thanks for the comment missjean, I believe that most girls out there like motorcycles. I even got a greenlight from the girlfriend hey, she even said it shouldnt be a problem to get the so called n+1 bicycle. Win win ...

Unless she is setting me up and brain washing me in advance. Dear god, girls are so mean.

Ronaldo
Ronaldo, do not listen the posters here in the "don't ask permission, ask for forgiveness" camp! As a woman, and I won't try to speak for all women, but a good number of us HATE that form of manipulation! Trust me, employ that tactic and she won't go to bed mad, she'll stay up all night plotting her revenge.

My method for upgrading the bike has been this: I bought a used cruiser for $50 and as a direct result, lost 15 lbs. He was impressed, so I bought a better used bike and lost another 20 lbs., tightened up the glutes and built up some quads. Then I casually pondered out loud, "I wonder what would happen if I had a faster bike......." He brought me home a faster bike. I believe he thinks the bikes have been good investments.
miss kenton is offline   Reply With Quote