Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Merry Christmas to all, thank you all for the wonderful year. (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/863981-merry-christmas-all-thank-you-all-wonderful-year.html)

qcpmsame 12-23-12 11:54 AM

Merry Christmas to all, thank you all for the wonderful year.

All,
I would like to wish everyone in 50+ at BF for the kindness and support I have received this past year. Even though I joined in January 2008 I didn't participate very much until Fall of 2011. In the past year everyone in the 50+ has been very supportive and helpful to me as I got back to biking like I wanted to do all along. From just saying good ride or the new bike looks great to the PM's and replies when the Renal Failure hit last summer I have had nothing but positive input and feedback here.

To all I want to wish a:
1. Belated Happy Hanukkah,
2. Merry Christmas
3. Happy Kwanza
4. A Blessed New Year regardless of you faith or beliefs no matter what or if there is none for you.

Everyone ride as much as you wish and when you want to, may all your goals be reached and the hills be done.

Bill

jdon 12-23-12 12:04 PM

You reap what you sow Bill. All the best to you for a happy and healthy holiday season.

Rowan 12-23-12 12:12 PM

Yep, it's a two-way street. I think we've had as much pleasure seeing your progress through your challenges as you have from conversing on this forum.

All the best to you, Monica and the kids. Meeting you all was one of the major highlights of our US travels.

David Bierbaum 12-23-12 12:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And a merry christmas to you!
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=289802

Rwc5830 12-23-12 12:47 PM

Bill, I admire you for all your perseverance, positive attitude and your posts on BF, plus you're a fellow engineer and that's a good thing in my book :D

Be safe, keep riding and posting. Looking forward to next year and future posts on BF.

God Bless you and yours, Merry Christmas and a big Happy New Year.

Richard

climberguy 12-23-12 05:26 PM

Happy Holidays to you and yours, Bill. May next year be even better than this one.

freedomrider1 12-23-12 05:36 PM

Merry Christmas:thumb:

GeorgeBMac 12-23-12 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdon (Post 15080686)
You reap what you sow Bill. All the best to you for a happy and healthy holiday season.

+1
... You're one of the reasons this is a GOOD place to hang out.

lphilpot 12-23-12 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeBMac (Post 15081505)
+1
... You're one of the reasons this is a GOOD place to hang out.

+100 :)

cranky old dude 12-23-12 06:19 PM

Thank you for all of your thoughtful insights and prayers over the past years.

I hope you have a very peaceful and enjoyable holiday season.

Merry Christmas Bill.

Dan Burkhart 12-23-12 08:49 PM

And a very Merry Christmas to you. Hoping your health challenges are behind you.

billydonn 12-23-12 10:56 PM

Happy Holidays Bill.... and everyone else!

miss kenton 12-23-12 11:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Merry Christmas to you, Bill, and to all the rest of the 50+ers. Have a safe and happy holiday!

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=289884

stapfam 12-24-12 02:20 AM

The classic cycling Xmas Greeting to all of you.

[video]http://www.specialized.com/bc/microsite/holiday/index.html[/video]

DnvrFox 12-24-12 07:17 AM

It has been a pleasure having you on the forum and sharing your many experiences with the world of medicine and otherwise. Merry Christmas to you and all.

John_V 12-24-12 07:59 AM

Merry Christmas and a very prosperous and Happy New Year. May next year be filled with lots of injury free (especially for me) miles and joyous rides. This is a great group to be part of and I'm glad that I came upon this forum to benefit from what I have read and the people I have met.

rumrunn6 12-24-12 08:22 AM

nice, right back at you!

Bikey Mikey 12-24-12 08:34 AM

Have a save and wonderful Holiday Season and a Prosperous New Year.

rideorglide 12-24-12 08:43 AM

Same to you Bill ... and all the great folks here.

May fortune, smarts, and a strong resolve favor all your mental, physical and spiritual, health-related and cycling goals. :)

AmFaeEmbra 12-24-12 04:10 PM

A Blessed New Year regardless of you faith or beliefs no matter what or if there is none for you.

Well said Bill, if only sentiments like that were a bit more widespread over the globe it might not be in the mess that it is.

And if you could arrange with Santa for me to have an invisible Granny Ring, my life will be complete - have a great Christmas and an even better New Year!

Rowan 12-24-12 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmFaeEmbra (Post 15084403)
A Blessed New Year regardless of you faith or beliefs no matter what or if there is none for you.

Well said Bill, if only sentiments like that were a bit more widespread over the globe it might not be in the mess that it is.

And if you could arrange with Santa for me to have an invisible Granny Ring, my life will be complete - have a great Christmas and an even better New Year!

I heard on the wireless a couple of days ago that despite the doomsdayers, this current year has been the best in history. I think the presenter was quoting an article in The Spectator, but despite a search, I couldn't find a link.

Fewer people dying of famine, fewer people dying from natural disasters than ever before. There are positives if we seek them out. The forums here are full of positive stories, and they reach out across the world.

Banded Krait 12-24-12 09:57 PM

Quote:

Bill, I admire you for all your perseverance, positive attitude and your posts on BF...
I second this sentiment. Merry Christmas, Bill, and all of my other fellow cyclists on the 50+ forum!

con 12-24-12 10:20 PM

I hope the holidays and the New Year finds everyone healthy and happy.

Best wishes
Conrad

Mort Canard 12-24-12 10:33 PM

The best to you and all here for Christmas and the New Year!

HawkOwl 12-24-12 10:44 PM

A Merry Christmas to all. May the Peace of Christmas extend to all. May it comfort all as we experience the vicissitudes of life.