Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Season's Greetings (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/864037-seasons-greetings.html)

cranky old dude 12-23-12 06:50 PM

Season's Greetings

As I sit in my warm house surrounded once again by my dear family, I can't help but to review in my mind the personal and worldwide events of the past several years. Goodness, the world seems to have changed a lot.....or maybe it's the same as always but I just never noticed so much before.

Many, but not all, of things that used to excite me seem boring these days. I am bored with the internet, television doesn't hold my interest either. I still like to ride though, and I like my beer and burgers and coffee and donuts are worth a short pedal in nice weather. I don't even care about fine cars anymore. If it moves under it's own power I'm satisfied with it no matter how old, ugly, and beat up it is. I'm tired of my body not being able to keep up with my non-stop boyish desire to play, in fact it pretty much refuses to participate at all! I'm not sure if I even recognize me anymore, physically or mentally. As much as I deplore change, I think I'm changing.

I don't know what the future will bring. Whether I fade off into the 'cloud' like so many seem to do or whether I stick around and pester you all, one thing remains a constant.....I wish you all a peaceful and enjoyable Holiday Season!

Dudelsack 12-23-12 07:27 PM

After a 20 year drought, the Redskins finally have a team that's fun to watch, and for that I am truly grateful. The fact that RGIII seems like a class act doesn't hurt, either.

DnvrFox 12-23-12 07:58 PM

Nora and I are just at the stage when we hope the family doc is working on the 24th. He isn't.

We have been through quite a year and do not desire to repeat these "learning" experiences.

But, we did get a nice plaque last week from a prestigious organization for our work with families with individuals with disabilities.

Merry Christmas and look forward to one more year in your life!!

qcpmsame 12-23-12 08:01 PM

A Merry Christmas to you and yours Lenny, hope the New Year is a better one for you.

Denver, what ever the problem for you and Mrs. Nora, I hope it all works out better, In my prayers.

Bill

stapfam 12-24-12 04:19 PM

You have had a lot to contend with in the past year and they have probably influenced your thinking. But as you are now finding out- it is not all doom and gloom. Your priorities have changed but that has probably been going on for several years.

However the beer and burgers or coffee and cakes (Should be Pie but what the hell) still play a part. The TV and internet will still be around in a years time if your interest in those come back and that will not make a difference due to the repeats that will be showing.

The world may have changed but thank goodness you haven't.

Best wishes for christmas and get a few beers and donuts down for me as I will be on a diet.

Gravity Aided 12-25-12 09:20 AM

Best wishes for the Holidays , keep on riding .

dpdemos 12-27-12 08:40 AM

Best wishes, all.