Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Go Pro has arrivd

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Go Pro has arrivd

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-12, 02:37 AM
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Go Pro has arrivd

No pics as I was in too much of a rush to look at it. Got a Hero 2 outdoor and I hope it will be good once I get to use it.

BUT--First of all I had to get it out of the stand it comes with. Looked at it and how do you get the Mount thing off so you can use it. Good -there is a nice thick instruction manual to read that will tell me. No there isn't--well there is but even with my reading glasses on the lettering is too small. Gave the mount to my son-in-Law to get off and it took him a couple of minutes to work out how you can get it off.

So next thing--How to fit the battery. The camera comes assembled with the outer casing and to fit the battery you have to get the outer casing off. Look at the manual--NO-- Forget that as I have already found out. It is easy to take off once you know but it is not easy unless your eyesight is perfect and you can see the arrow that tells you how to take it off.

Then charge the battery. Easy enough but no separate charger and you charge via USB. Did that with no problem.

Then how to set up the camera. Back to that Bl**dy manual again so it still is not set up.

So I have decided that I have to go shopping today. Going to get a magnifying glass so I can read that %^&$£?< manual.

I know I am getting older but I gave the manual to my wife- My daughter and my SiL and they all agreed with me. You need perfect eyesight to read that thing and that was with their glasses on aswell.

So going on the net today to try and find an online set up vid to show me how to set the damn thing up.

Spike Milligan
Old 12-24-12, 04:24 AM

Bikes: Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Check Go Pro's site and see if there is a manual in PDF form you can download to your computer. Wait, I think this is it==> https://gopro.com/wp-content/uploads/...anual_ENG1.pdf
Old 12-24-12, 04:57 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Have fun. I find that a helmet mount works better than mounting directly to the bike. Too much shake on bumps, but the head and neck make a great shock absorber
Old 12-24-12, 05:33 AM
Time for a change.

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Just about understanding it now and taken it for a walk round the garden.Not riding today but maybe tomorrow.

.be
And Noooooo--The garden looks a tip but I have a problem staying out there in between the rain---and the rain.

Bike content and this was mounted on the cycle helmet using the supplied harness although I feel certain that a handlebar mount or chest harness may be in the offing to cut out wind resistance.

Spike Milligan
Old 12-24-12, 06:40 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 943 Post(s)
Liked 658 Times in 371 Posts
Originally Posted by stapfam
Just about understanding it now and taken it for a walk round the garden.Not riding today but maybe tomorrow.

.be
And Noooooo--The garden looks a tip but I have a problem staying out there in between the rain---and the rain.

Bike content and this was mounted on the cycle helmet using the supplied harness although I feel certain that a handlebar mount or chest harness may be in the offing to cut out wind resistance.
Like I said previously, a vote for the chest strap here. I have a handlebar mount, but it looks very breakable to me.
Which door are you using on the back of the case? You'll get better sound with the skeleton door, but use the solid one if there is any chance of it getting wet.
Old 12-24-12, 06:57 AM
Time for a change.

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Using the solid door as it is a bit wet round here. I have seen another bar mount that is after market and is made of Aluminium. But the chest strap sems an option that many are using.

Spike Milligan
Old 12-24-12, 10:25 PM

Bikes: Trek Pilot 5.9

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Boy, those GoPro cameras certainly provide great video. I look forward to videos of your rides, stapfam.
Old 12-25-12, 12:43 AM
Time for a change.

Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Banded Krait
Boy, those GoPro cameras certainly provide great video. I look forward to videos of your rides, stapfam.
So am I. Bit unfair as the shot of the garden is not on a bike but below is a vid taken on the Drift X170 that I bought last year. Hence the purchase of the Go Pro. The drift was half the price but also half the quality.

Spike Milligan
Old 12-25-12, 07:38 AM
Semper Fi

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Quoted: 1172 Post(s)
Liked 358 Times in 241 Posts
Looking forward to more Stapfam Productions in the New Year, should be a great asset for your riding, enjoy the GoPro.

Bill

I Can Do All Things Through Him, Who Gives Me Strength. Philippians 4:13

Old 12-25-12, 08:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm interested as well. Might get one next December. Other expenses right now.