Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bike related Christmas loot

So, what did you get? I got myself a new bike (2013 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR 29 Comp) and new Wheels for the road bike (Specialized Roval SLX 23). My sister and my parents got me cycling calendars and my first born son made me a clock from a bike wheel with chain link numbers.

bicycle Christmas 2012.jpg
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm interested in the clock.

I assume it uses a regular bicycle hub. Is there a clock mechanism in the back that has shafts passing through the axle hole?

Banned.
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a Pearl Izumi wind/rain shell from Monica, a $100.00 gift card for an LBS from my brother and my mother handmade me a quilt with bicycle racing panels and embroidered bicycles on other panels and my initials in a monogram in the center.
    Attachment 290396Attachment 290397Attachment 290398 I think the blanket is pretty neat myself. She and my S-I-L have a computer slaved embroidery sewing machine that is fascinating.

Bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post

I assume it uses a regular bicycle hub. Is there a clock mechanism in the back that has shafts passing through the axle hole?
    I'm digging the clock too. Tell him "good job" and ask if he's willing to post instructions somewhere. Nice haul. I got a $50 amazon card from my sister that I'm dedicating to bike stuff. I have a new-to-me 2006 Trek 1000 that I have to outfit.

My Bikes
    Trek '09 1.5 wsd, Trek '13 Cocoa
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bill, I love the quilt! That is so neat!

My bestie gave me a pair of custom made earrings featuring penny farthing bicycles. Another friend of mine works for a publishing company. He gave me a cyclist's library:
    Bike Books.jpg

My Bikes
    2011 Look 566, '04 Cannondale Optimo 800, '87 d'Arienzo-Basso w/full Campy & '51 Rudge Sports
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sram Red Powerdome. Spent 20 minutes just checking this awesome piece out.
    Current Rides, Look 566 & d' Arienzo-Basso Daily Rides. Cannondale 800 Optimo, utility bike.

My Bikes
    RANS V3, RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Santa brought me a Velocity Aeroheat rear wheel for my commuter 'bent. It's like he read my mind.

A bike wheel clock or one made from a chainring is on my list of things to do.
    RANS V3 (steel), RANS V-Rex, RANS Screamer

My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    After Christmas at Target...GoPro3 $199

Oops, that's MSRP for the white version I bought.

GoPro2&3 by gulpxtreme, on Flickr
    Last edited by Mr. Beanz; 12-27-12 at 02:26 AM.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz View Post
    After Christmas Sale at Target...GoPro3 $199

You have just confirmed the price differential--$'s and the number you pay is the same as we do in 's. 199 over here so with currency exchange--We pay nearer $300 for the white.

But the Go Pro is popular this year, I got one but had to buy it myself and as the Hero3 is not "Quite" available yet I went for the Hero2 outdoors for 198. My riding neighbour has a better Santa as his Hero 2 was under the tree from him.

I have a daughter that is into crafting so I can appreciate those "Home made" presents for Retro and Bill. The quilt looks fantastic but want a pic of the clock now.
    Last edited by stapfam; 12-27-12 at 12:34 AM.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must be doing something wrong. Dropping hints, leaving bike catalogs around, and discussing on-line sales......still, no bike related gifts. So what's a person supposed to do.....?

That's right, you start shopping for yourself. It started with a sale at the LBS, then moved on-line where Chainlove proved to irresistible.

My loot....

Nashbar soft cover jacket, Thomson seat post, Endura rain jacket, two short sleeve jersey's, two long sleeve jersey's, two gloves, two Specialized saddles (43% off), Castelli bibs tights, 4 pairs of wool socks, Hincapie bib shorts, craft arm warmers, winter head band, cycling vest, hi-vis jacket shell.

Guess I've been busy, and hopefully not to bad....
    Last edited by GFish; 12-27-12 at 04:39 AM.

My Bikes
    RANS Stratus TerraTrike Cruiser
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem here. I told all the family that all I wanted was gift certificates to my LBS. Since that was so easy they came thru. Will probably be going over to the LBS today to blow the certificates on up grades that I want.

My Bikes
    Specialized Sirrus, Specialized Robaix, Specialized Carmel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got this jacket, got the pants last year, they are great for riding in cooler temps.
    http://www.rei.com/product/801494/no...ke-jacket-mens

My Bikes
    2012 Colnago Ace road bike, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much of a Christmas celebration this year since the wife is still up north taking care of her father. She did, however, give me a gift certificate with a very nice balance on it to my favorite LBS. I went there yesterday to cash in on some of the items I've been wanting, only to find out that their inventory was wiped out before Christmas. Now I have to wait until next month to spend the loot.
    HCFR Cycling Team
    Ride Safe ... Ride Hard ... Ride Daily

2012 Colnago Ace
    2010 Giant Cypress

My Bikes
    Specialized Tricross Comp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife and I have N+1s being built out now. They should be ready to ride late next week.
    Every man is, or hopes to be, an Idler. -- Samuel Johnson

Banned.
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miss K' and Stap,
    Thanks for the compliment on the quilt, she did individual customized quilts for each of us, Monica has the important dates and events in her life. My M-I-L is going to start making these for people, each will be tailored to the person's life or interest. I got a lot of compliments about it from others that looked at it. The bicycling theme means a lot to me, she has been one of my biggest cycling supporters.

Bill

My Bikes
    2011 Jamis Coda hybrid, 2013 Bianchi Infinito
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A set of SKS fenders to convert my Jamis hybrid into a commuter and this little red head for spring
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just one bike-related item, a T-Shirt with "Bike to Work / Work to Bike" on it.

On the other side, though, I hooked up with a guy who fixes up bikes for poor kids and I'm giving him all my misc. used bike parts to help him on his build projects for bikes for the kids!

Rick / OCRR

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post

You're right about the regular hub, but overthinking the rest. The wheel was salvaged from a yard sale P.O.S. bike as was the chain used for the numbers. A battery operated clock was disassembled and the clockworks were simply velcro attached to the hub. Chain link was glued to mailbox numbers.

bicycle Christmas 2012 clock.jpgbicycle Christmas 2012 clockworks.jpgbicycle Christmas 2012 numbers.jpg
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=GFish;15091040]Must be doing something wrong. Dropping hints, leaving bike catalogs around, and discussing on-line sales......still, no bike related gifts. So what's a person supposed to do.....?

That's right, you start shopping for yourself. [/QUOTE

Same deal here not one bike related gift.WHATS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE! Clothes clothes and more clothes I would like toys toys and more toys,bike toys that is.Where is that high tech wine bottle opener my daughter gave me I need a glass of red,hope i can figure out how to use it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got some Gore Windstopper stuff, a pair of leggings and a balaclava.
    Also got a butcher block table from Ikea to make a new wheel building station. Going to mount the spoke threading machine and the truing stand on it this afternoon.
    Gearhubs demystified and other cool stuff.

Rule #12: The correct number of bikes to own is n+1

My Bikes
    Old Fuji road,Cirrus Sport
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a new to me Trek 4900 MTB. I just gotta go pick it up sometime next week. I hope the wife doesn't blow a gasket.

Mark Shuman

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phread59 View Post
    I got a new to me Trek 4900 MTB. I just gotta go pick it up sometime next week. I hope the wife doesn't blow a gasket.

Mark Shuman
    Look at the post on this thread from Miss Kenton and make certain you get a new helmet and a set of ear plugs.--You may need them.

http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ithout-a-fight
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Banned.
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know Stap, maybe if he lost a few pounds and tightened up the glutes his wife might like things as Miss K' hubby did.

Bill

Between Lecanto and Hernando Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2013 Cannondale CAAD 10.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing major. I already have everything.
    We both got an iPhone 4s so now I can track my "performance" . Also got a Topeak Peakini MasterBlaster for the Litespeed. Smaller and lighter than my frame current pump.
    My bikes --> 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2013 Cannondale CAAD 10 2 (5) "Racing Edition"

Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use. ~ Charles Schultz

Must... ride... more... Phil_gretz's Avatar
    My Bikes
    '77 Fuji S-10S, '82 Fuji Team, '88 Fuji Saratoga, '08 Scattante CFR, '12 Jamis Sputnik, '13 Motobecane Fantom29 HT
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two Surprises!

My oldest daughter took mental note when earlier this year I commented that I needed a small point and shoot camera for use on my rides. Under the tree... a Nikon CoolPix SL01 - it's tiny but very capable. Perfect for a vest or jacket front pocket.s01.jpg

The other surprise was a Baylor cycling jersey from my wife (our younger daughter is a sophomore there).baylor.jpg Sic 'em, Bears. As an added treat, Baylor ran roughshod over UCLA in a lesser bowl game last night.
    Last edited by Phil_gretz; 12-28-12 at 09:57 AM. Reason: add pictures

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast