Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last 100 miler for 2012-5th in Five Weeks

Yeah!! It's done!!

After checking tomorrow's weather forecast I decided to do the 100 miler today instead of the usual group ride tomorrow. Today was supposed to get to 52 degrees with little wind. Tomorrow is 70% chance of rain and even cooler. I dressed thinking it was going to get to 52 degrees a few hours into the ride. Here I am after the ride and it's still only 43 degrees. When I started it was 27 degrees. So, I guessed wrong and was cooler riding that I would have preferred-just about all day. In fact I couldn't really get comfortable so I stopped at 40 miles and got some hot chocolate and that helped a LOT. Well, at least for about an hour.

Today was one day it felt a lot nicer just to rider slower. A couple times I got above 30 mph it was much cooler than I preferred. So I really rode slow. Seemed like I was out there forever but what the heck.....more calories burned.

I had no legs today...zero. I walked 18 holes of golf yesterday-we got a record rainfall here on Wednesday so carts were on the path so I thought walking would be about the same. Guessed wrong on that one as well.

It's been a good month for longer rides. Still a few days left but seriously doubt I'll do another 100 miler before 1/1/13.
    Last edited by jppe; 12-29-12 at 07:12 AM.
    Ride your Ride!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of times are you taking to do these 100's? You must ride once a week for so?

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The quickest one was 5hr 20 min. This last one took an hour longer due to walking 18 holes the day before and being colder. I try and ride 3 days a week.....about 30 miles the other two days. We have a lighted park we can ride in at night.
    Ride your Ride!!