astro
    My Bikes
    Bianchi Volpe, '97 (no more, it died), Greenspeed GTVS6, '05, Trek 520, '13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last Ride of 2012

I got in a ride today after not riding much the last 10 days since the kids were home. Finished off the year with 32.5 miles and 2080 ft of climb. Totals for the year are (and back through 2008 when I first started keeping track):

2012 2746.1 mi 101016 ft
    2011 3048.4 124899
    2010 2695.0 102975
    2009 3582.5 144720
    2008 3031.0 108581

2010 was the first year of serious knee pain. With PT and SynVisc shots I was able to ride somewhat normally in 2011. 2012 Started off with a knee replacement which brought the yearly mileage back down.

I guess a good goal for 2013 is to get the mileage back up over 3000.

Happy New Year!

Ed

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the mileage and the climbing. Do you realize you've climbed Mt. Everest at least 3 times each year since 2008? Kudos.
    My bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO carbon

I thought of that while riding my bicycle -- Albert Einstein

My Bikes
    LHT, Trek 1.2, Specialized Roubaix Elite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knee replacement and still over 2500 miles? I tip my hat to you!

My Bikes
    Cannondale; Jamis, Kona, Rocky Mntn
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last ride of 2012. Tommorrow it's back to the GWN (Great White North) :-( until February.

R600#2.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations on that mileage, I would love to have those numbers with normal knees. With a Knee Replacement early this year you should be right proud of the riding. Happy New Year, to you and yours.

I got in a "Last 2012 Ride" this afternoon when the sun broke through the high clouds that were keeping it cold here. Got up to 61*F with no wind to speak of, made for a great final ride for a year that was great for me.

Bill
    Last edited by qcpmsame; 12-31-12 at 06:26 PM.
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

"We can't control that we have Parkinson's, but we can control how we live with Parkinson's" Davis Phinney

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I closed the year with a 56 mile ride--MUP and roads that were pretty much empty. Great ride-- around 33 degrees... Hope to start the new year with a similar ride, but it looks like I'll have to start early-- like 6:30 AM because there is a 'wintery mix' that should hit this area around 9:00 AM... Seems like they are always a couple of hours off, so maybe i have until 11...

Hoping everyone has a happy and healthy 2013!

train safe-

My Bikes
    Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last ride of the year was only 26 miles as it was in the mid 20šs F and my hands and feet were getting cold. After 20 miles I did a bunch of hill repeats. I did a spit over 8250 miles for the year, 7400+ of which was on the new road bike, new as of last mid-March. Would've been more, but I didn't ride for 4 weeks at the beginning of the year because of hand surgery.
    Please support diabetics like myself, a red rider, by supporting the American Diabetes Association.
    If you see a Tour de Cure event, consider participating or supporting a Red Rider or other participant.

My nephew's and his two friends' blog about their riding the East Coast, Maine to the Keys:
    http://brobreak.wordpress.com/

My Strava account

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Closed out the year with a club ride but I'm still not too spunky after my crash in early Nov. Better than nothing, but I couldn't keep up with the other ridres on the climbs and those that used to be easy climbs were a struggle,

Short ride: 25 miles, 1,237 feet of climbing, ave. speed of 15.2, max speed of 46, temp low and high 46 / 57, heart rate ave. and max 151 / 179. Great fun seeing everyone again!

Rick / OCRR

Has opinion, will express
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost eight miles just around the neighbourhood. I've only ever spent two Christmas/New Years away from the nice warm Australian summers. This is one of them.
    Dream. Dare. Do.

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations!

I joined 5 friends from our club for a final MTB ride of the year. 16.5 miles at Dauset Trails near Jackson, GA.
    http://app.strava.com/activities/35029067
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to do a club ride this morning but it was too cold. Wound up doing 13 miles later in the afternoon. After not riding much for 2 months the neck felt really sore. Finished the year with 2400 miles.

Council of the Elders billydonn's Avatar
    My Bikes
    1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One hour alone on the Velo Garage trainer for me, with three sets of Tabata Intervals, as mentioned in another thread. Daytime TV for company. My IQ may have suffered more than my legs.

Happy New Year everyone.

There is a time to resign oneself
    to old age and infirmity. You first.
    My Cycling Blogspot

My Bikes
    1986 Cannondale SR400 Road,1986 Schwinn Super Sport , 2011 Raleigh Talus 3.0 MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8 miles on the rollers in the garage. I have not ridden yet this year, but I have had three Xc ski outings this week.