Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About that Club ride???

The Monday night club rides at 15 mph for 15 miles were very popular as a recovery ride last year but they stopped for winter. But yesterday-Sunday- they started up again. Other rides were also taking place like the 53 miler at an average of 21 mph and the 30 miler at 19 mph but I thought that the 15 miler would be a good ride. Well within my capabilities even though not I have been riding much recently.

EB Rovers ride..jpg

So many were doing the ride that if it grows any more- they will have to find a wider pub to take the photo on.

It was also the first time out with the Go Pro on a road ride and I know I do not have it set up properly yet and I have only just learnt to Edit Vids--Today in fact--So hopefully that will come with practice. The set up problems relates to the amount of sun that I have to cater for but I doubt this will be a problem in the future. Not much sun forecast for the next few weeks. I also have no idea why I cannot get the video embedded into the thread as It used to happen but the link to our club ride is below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv__oCHpFZw

It was a good ride and I enjoyed it and 15 miles at 15mph was about right. Just wish they had told me how much climbing was involved. I am still shattered today.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

I reside with my wife "Cindy" in Fairborn, OH
    My Bikes
    2014 ICE Spring FSX, Trek 520, and Gary Fisher Parana Mountain Bike.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Enjoyed your video. Keep practicing you'll get it down. Looks like a great ride. Great picture at the Pub. I was stationed in Germany from 1987 to 1991 in the US Air Force, and our headquarters was at Bentwaters RAFB, close to Ipswitch. I got to go to Bentwaters about every three months and I always took my bicycle with me. Took some getting use to riding on the left side of the road, but once I got it down I really enjoyed the country side. Again, I thoroughly enjoyed your picture and video. Keep them coming.

Semper Fi, A way of life. qcpmsame's Avatar
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stap,
    Glad that you got to ride a fair bit. At least the weather cooperated this time. It looks like a big group, god turn out for a training ride, I would say.

Bill
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

Community Guidelines, the FAQ is off line right now:http://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html Read this sometime, it can answer a lot of gripes and save you from some assumptions.

My Bikes
    Fuji, Specialized, Surly, BMC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Stapfam, looks like a good start with the go pro, but the beginning part made me a little dizzy

Plus everyone is riding and driving on the wrong side of the road!

I was trying to read the price of gas on the sign but could not make it out. So what were the temps during the ride? Looked pretty chilly to me.

Reagards,
    Richard
    Cycling is an addiction that is worth having; let's go!! South TX Randos www.rgvrandos.org

My Bikes
    Old Fuji road,Cirrus Sport
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Stappo:

I see ya dropped the hammer on 3 of the guys. Great job there Stap. Nice video. I'd love to have one of those Go Pro's. But there are things I need more than that.

Mark Shuman

My Bikes
    91 Klein Quantum Road Bike,2011 CF Specialized Tarmac road bike. 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks just a bit damp there in places stap. With a touch of fog? Glad you got out however.
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving. ~Albert Einstein.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Temp was around 42f at the start and on the hill there was a bit of mist that made things dampish but when the sun appeared it all dried up fairly quickly. Petrol is around 1,35 per litre so around $10 per gallon--that is cheaper than it has been for a while. It was a good sized group and when I get fitter I shall be able to ride nearer the back of the group and progress forward. At present I start near the front when we regroup.and gradually go rearwards.

I'll be honest and that ride kicked me. Legs were OK but the lungs need a lot of improvement. Another month of Gym work (Joining today) and a few more of these rides and I might be able to stay with the slower riders. 6 months and I might be in front of the slower riders. No way will I be able to stay with those youngsters on the whole of the ride.

Some of you use Strava and this is my Son-in-Laws Strava of the ride. That peak at around 9 miles is not that steep and that is where the Video started. It had me puffing like a steam train though. The ride was only 15 miles but with riding to and from the ride we got in 26 miles so a sensible ride with some (Felt like a lot) effort put in and Coffee and Pie was had on the way home.

http://www.strava.com/rides/36201383
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan