Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    91 Klein Quantum Road Bike,2011 CF Specialized Tarmac road bike. 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did Stapfam get to ride?

I have listened to stapfam and several others talking about how the weather has driven them inside or kept them off the bike for one reason or another. I even complained about it being cold last week. But today I got in a nice little 44 miler and have to admit I was impressed with both the weather and the view. Ok, I was rubbing it in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving. ~Albert Einstein.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    23 F right now and I have got 2 rides in since the snow that is still lingering came in--both down the gym on the spinning bikes.

Not much snow- only 4" at the height but iced roads make it a bit unsafe to ride but walking the 1 mile did make for an extra workout. Snow should be gone by Friday to be replaced by rain and Ice.

snow.jpg

And it looks like you have snow---On the peaks in the very far distance. I nominate that this should be included on your next ride.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    91 Klein Quantum Road Bike,2011 CF Specialized Tarmac road bike. 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    o
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
    23 F right now and I have got 2 rides in since the snow that is still lingering came in--both down the gym on the spinning bikes.

Not much snow- only 4" at the height but iced roads make it a bit unsafe to ride but walking the 1 mile did make for an extra workout. Snow should be gone by Friday to be replaced by rain and Ice.

snow.jpg

And it looks like you have snow---On the peaks in the very far distance. I nominate that this should be included on your next ride.
    Not going to happen. Last time I headed up to the mountains as soon as we got to the snow I turned around. I do have a 4x4 to visit the snow but it has a heater and snow tires. I moved from living up there by the way.
    Life is like riding a bicycle - in order to keep your balance, you must keep moving. ~Albert Einstein.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last night and my neighbour went to the Gym. I noted that a big thaw had set in late afternoon but it was cold turning the 4" of snow into Slush. It was just sitting on the roads- even the salted and gritted ones. Well the neighbour walked back home as he could not get out of the car park. A Frost had come down and frozen the Slush and at the same time it rained. The whole of the town was like a skating rink. After 400 yards he used the MUP as in that 400 yards he saw 3 accidents with cars. Even on a better surface he fell a couple of times and the bruises are going to hurt.

Today and it has thawed a bit more leaving no Ice- No slush- and very little snow. No more snow forecast for the week till Friday so Providing the roads are safe- Down the gym again tomorrow.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

A might bewildered... Dudelsack's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Bacchetta Giro ATT 26; Lemond Buenos Aires
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I hope you rode hopefully. Riding despairingly can be such a downer.