Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cannondale Adventure 1000 2005 Model

I am a 65 year old male. Ride casually, 12-14 mph & 20-30 miles per ride.

I am looking for the best hybrid for my purpose. Currently I am using a Cannondale H600, 10 years old and I assume that the newer bikes are more comfortable and efficient. I tried the subject bike and liked it.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Davis
    I am a 65 year old male. Ride casually, 12-14 mph & 20-30 miles per ride.

I am looking for the best hybrid for my purpose. Currently I am using a Cannondale H600, 10 years old and I assume that the newer bikes are more comfortable and efficient. I tried the subject bike and liked it.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Sorry Bud, but I cannot comment on this specific Bike but if you were happy with the H600, then 10 years of development has put a great deal of improvements into bikes. The only thing I would suggest is that as you currently like the 600, analyse it critically and ask yourself what improvements you would like to see on the new bike. Would you like a higher bar? or a shorter stem? or a better quality set if pedals? Then when you go for the new bike, you will be able to get a good deal or even an F.O.C. swop for the changes you would like on the new bike.

My Bikes
    Connondale MTB, Malvern Star (historic) Orbea, GT (newest)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate, I have an '87 Cannondale Aluminium MTB which I've owned since new. It's travelled 10k+ kilometres with very few problems. It's very comfortable and very nice to ride, and plus it's a 10kg bike.

I recently bought a $Aus3000+ Spanish Orbea road bike with carbon forks, carbon seat stays, 24spoke Campag. Ventor wheels etc. etc......... I weighs 10KG!!!!! Big improvements my foot. Big price hikes is more like it.
    The Orbea does have a 73deg seat tube angle which makes it a very comfortable bike to ride but not necessarily better than the C/dale, although it's not easy to compare them, one being MTB and the other being 'road'.

My advice is stick with your Cannondale H600 unless you can convince yourself that another bike has many more attributes and not because someone tells you it has. You really need to understand why by knowing how to evaluate bicycles yourself. It's not all that difficult. Read some books and talk to people to get some bike savvy.

As a start you might like to look at the article at; http://camwest.pps.com.au/news/bicycle_fit.html

Sorry if I seem a bit arrogant but more $$$$$ doesn't necessarily = better.
    Last edited by berny; 02-11-05 at 12:14 AM.
    The consumption of alcohol may create the illusion that you are tougher, smarter, faster and better looking than most people.