Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Vacation time in AZ coming up

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-13, 10:21 AM
Its only pain

Bikes: '18 Salsa Marrakesh, '14 Salsa Colossal, '89 GT Timberline

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

I will be heading to Arizona for a week of relaxing in warmth! I have family in Tucson and a friend in Scottsdale. I took my bike to Tucson 6 years ago, but was thinking of renting there this year, since cost would be cheaper than shipping mine there and back. ANyone know of a good place to rent a bike in Tucson? My plan includes Mt. Lemmon, and maybe Gates Pass, along with some nice easy riding mixed in.

Thanks,
Dann
Old 02-14-13, 12:02 PM
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
I rented a bike from Oro Valley on Ina on one of my last visits and it was fine for riding in and around Tucson---probably would have liked something different for Lemmon though. You might check out ProBike on Tanque Verde. There was another shop I visited near UA that has some great rental bikes but I don't recall the name. Have fun. I hope to wind up living in N Tuscon at some point. Sure wished I'd bought my daughters condo off of Ina.........
Old 02-14-13, 02:34 PM

Bikes: A few...

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 620 Post(s)
Liked 370 Times in 256 Posts
I'll be in both the PHX (very east valley) and TUS (Oro Valley) areas in a week myself... Looking for a retirement home and 'retirement job'... and a rust-free truck... and bikes... I'll be perusing the local 'thrifty nickle' papers as well as Craigslist for things since I have family in the area that I can leave my 'finds' with until I move there next fall...