Thread: Pub 51

rck
    My Bikes
    cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few nights I needed to make a phone call and reached for the cordless only to have it report that I have no line. WTF! I say to myself. So I check my other phone and no dial tone there. So off to the basement I go, this I hate as I've been struggling with a bat problem and try to avoid going there. Flipping the lights on, I walk over to the phone lines, hear a noise and damned if I don't have a squirrel problem as well. He takes off into another room and I follow along to see a destination. Looking around I notice that the vent flue of my chimney has a gaping hole in it! There is a bullet I've dodged for who knows how long! My carbon monoxide detector has never peeped at all. So after going for a ride today, I'll need to go down into the bowels of my house and work a temporary patch until I can get the furnace guy over to do a proper repair. What I find annoying is that the furnace and flue are not even 10 yrs old and it rusted through the flue. If I didn't like the neighborhood so much, I'd sell cheap and move into the local retirement community!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bikes
    Trek 4900, Marin Hawk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last time I had a flue installed I insisted on Stainless Steel. Big difference in price but it avoids issues like the one your describing. Glad you dodged the CO issue, could have been trajic.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former."
    ― Albert Einstein

rck
    My Bikes
    cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, at least now I'll no to keep an eye on it. I should take a pic because when the furnace guy and I went on the roof to check out the chimney cap, we discovered that the squirrel had chewed through the metal cap!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223