Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    My Bikes
    Bacchetta Giro ATT 26; Lemond Buenos Aires
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamestique View Post
    Let's see if you can figure this out... hint - I learned a lesson!
    Attachment 329809
    It looks like you got checked out. Next time tell them to apply the check with a lot less pressure.

My Bikes
    2008 Scott CR1 Pro; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 2001 Fasback Comp; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudelsack View Post
    It looks like you got checked out. Next time tell them to apply the check with a lot less pressure.
    Uh oh ... now you've got me thinking that's something other than a bruise.
    Proud parent of a happy inner child ...
    www.photo395.com

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biker395 View Post
    Uh oh ... now you've got me thinking that's something other than a bruise.
    Is it just me? When I look at that I see a backwards check-mark. Or the face of Jesus. Or a giant chicken getting to devour the entire Earth.

My Bikes
    2008 Scott CR1 Pro; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 2001 Fasback Comp; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudelsack View Post
    Is it just me? When I look at that I see a backwards check-mark. Or the face of Jesus. Or a giant chicken getting to devour the entire Earth.
    Lol ... great minds think alike. I originally commented that I saw the Virgin Mary in it, then thought that might offend someone and changed it. That absurd sense of humor again.

No, I was thinking it looked like a sun-related skin lesion instead of a bruise or scrape. I started to think that I got the scale all wrong and the mark was a lot smaller than I originally thought.
    www.photo395.com

My Bikes
    1997 Specialized M2Pro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see if you can figure this out... hint - I learned a lesson!
    Attachment 329809
    I'm thinking that it's a burn mark, but I can't think of anything bike-related that would get that hot. Quick-release in the sun??
    My Book: Drive, Ride, Repeat: The Mostly-True Account of a Cross-Country Car and Bicycle Adventure

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol ... great minds think alike. I originally commented that I saw the Virgin Mary in it, then thought that might offend someone and changed it. That absurd sense of humor again.

No, I was thinking it looked like a sun-related skin lesion instead of a bruise or scrape. I started to think that I got the scale all wrong and the mark was a lot smaller than I originally thought.
    Cripes. Never mind. Mr. Sherlock Holmes just saw that the *.jpg is labeled "bruise." Whew.
    www.photo395.com

My Bikes
    2002 Lemond Zurich, 2006 Santa Cruz Superlight, 2010 Landshark, 2012 Santa Cruz Juliana, 2014 Juliana Premiero Origin 29er
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biker395 you are wise!

So my story... was mountain biking on Saturday. I wear a Camelback and on the chest strap I have a little camera bag that holds my camera (Canon A1100)... took an endo and landed right on the camera! You can almost see the dials! You can definitely see the edge of the camera and yes that... and other places - hurt! The worse injury was actually my knee - I scraped it bad, it started bleeding and because it was hot and I was sweating alot, the blood just ran all down my leg. As we rode by hikers, I got some strange looks and stares!

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.

My Bikes
    Bike Friday Pocket Rocket
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

Ever ride on the twisty ascent to the tunnel in Zion? Last summer, I did this every day ... rode from Springdale and all through the park. Funny ... I never tired of it.

WOW! I've only driven there by car 2x so far), but I just love the scenery there.

This is what I did two weeks ago: To the highest trail end on Mt Fuji reachable on a paved road (2,300 m / 7,500 ft), starting from and finishing at sea level.

135 km (84 mls) from Tokyo, 225 km (140 mls) total for the day with 3,300 m (11,000 ft) of elevation.

My Bikes
    1997 Specialized M2Pro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!

Ever ride on the twisty ascent to the tunnel in Zion? Last summer, I did this every day ... rode from Springdale and all through the park. Funny ... I never tired of it.
    Didn't go up to the tunnel, but we've done the ride in the park a few times. Should be on everyone's bucket list.

2009:

2011 (With Daughter):

Blogs:

2009: http://carbiketrip.blogspot.com/2009...n-to-zion.html
    2011: http://pages.suddenlink.net/tripsite/utah3.htm

...and this hike (see 2011 blog page) was even scarier than it looks:

Last edited by TromboneAl; 07-19-13 at 10:05 AM.
    My Book: Drive, Ride, Repeat: The Mostly-True Account of a Cross-Country Car and Bicycle Adventure

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Sweet!

That's the Angel's Landing trail, right? My kids and I did it a few summers ago. Amazing stuff ... one of the best I've ever done. And it scared the crap outta me. One slip, and it's a loooong swan dive to the bottom.

Zion should be on everyone's must-do list. I know this is heresy to say so, but it is my favorite National Park ... even better than Yosemite.
    www.photo395.com

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bikeroom by BluesDawg, on Flickr
    The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Fuji, Specialized, Surly
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Sweet!

That's the Angel's Landing trail, right? My kids and I did it a few summers ago. Amazing stuff ... one of the best I've ever done. And it scared the crap outta me. One slip, and it's a loooong swan dive to the bottom.

Zion should be on everyone's must-do list. I know this is heresy to say so, but it is my favorite National Park ... even better than Yosemite.
    You people are really making me jealous!!! I have Zion on my list but the list just started. Big Bend is the first one later this year.

All these pics everyone is posting in mountains and areas with trees are just awesome.
    Cycling is an addiction that is worth having; let's go!! South TX Randos www.rgvrandos.org

My Bikes
    2002 Lemond Zurich, 2006 Santa Cruz Superlight, 2010 Landshark, 2012 Santa Cruz Juliana, 2014 Juliana Premiero Origin 29er
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwc5830 View Post
    You people are really making me jealous!!! I have Zion on my list but the list just started. Big Bend is the first one later this year.

All these pics everyone is posting in mountains and areas with trees are just awesome.
    Not just Zion but the whole state of Utah should be on everyone's list. There are several rides through UTAH - I have done LAGBRAU several times. Scenary is... well let's just say I was crying alot - words can not express what I saw. Riding through Idaho and into Yellowstone should also be on everyone's list.

Bluesdawg: I sent your photo to a friend of mine... he's been looking for a way to store all his bikes... he has more than I can count! and that a normal garage can hold!

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not just Zion but the whole state of Utah should be on everyone's list. There are several rides through UTAH - I have done LAGBRAU several times. Scenary is... well let's just say I was crying alot - words can not express what I saw. Riding through Idaho and into Yellowstone should also be on everyone's list.

Bluesdawg: I sent your photo to a friend of mine... he's been looking for a way to store all his bikes... he has more than I can count! and that a normal garage can hold!
    Yup. I've done Adventure Cycle's Cycle Utah, and the HooDoo 500 a couple of times. And that is just scratching the surface. Southern Utah is like no where else.
    www.photo395.com

My Bikes
    1997 Specialized M2Pro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Sweet!

That's the Angel's Landing trail, right?
    Yes. Glad I did it but you couldn't pay me to do it again.

Here's the GPS track:

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post

bikeroom by BluesDawg, on Flickr
    Now THAT is a proper man cave.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's another from the Eastern Sierra.

www.photo395.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick spin up the coast. Taking a break in Davenport (population 408), founded in 1868 by this dude, Capt. John P. Davenport,

The leeward side of the church built in 1915 offers a nice respite from the coastal winds during the stop.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biker that Eastern Sierra is amazing!

Climbed Blackstar Canyon this morning. God was kind and it remained overcast and cool. Took a break at the Indian Grinding stones...
    Wheres the bike.jpg
    Grinding stones.jpg
    Grinding stones1.jpg

My Bikes
    1997 Specialized M2Pro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by con View Post
    Quick spin up the coast. Taking a break in Davenport (population 408)...
    We used to have breakfast at the Cash Store -- still there?

Good place, but I once found the head of a screw in my salad!

Erect member since 1953 cccorlew's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Roubaix Expert, Motobecane Fantom Outlaw turned commuter, Cannondale F500 Mtn bike, Some old French thing gone fixie
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cycle Oregon weekend by ccorlew, on Flickr

Cycle Oregon Weekend Bike Camp didn't go here, but we did afterwards.
    The Columbia River Gorge. What a place!
    WANTED: Not a darn thing. I've got it all. Life is good.
    Website at curtis.corlew.com Bicycle blog at ccorlew.blogspot.com

My Bikes
    1997 Specialized M2Pro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of rides that should be on one's bucket list, another is the rim road of Crater Lake:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
    We used to have breakfast at the Cash Store -- still there?

Good place, but I once found the head of a screw in my salad!
    Years ago the Cash Store was full of locals from Santa Cruz each morning. The breakfast with home made bread and their pan fries was hard to beat. It changed hands and has never been the same. Tourists are about all you will find in it now.

My Bikes
    Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hillbasher and I did GMR today. Nice and cool with lots of riders climbing the mountain.

Pic and video

My Bikes
    '83 Trek 970 road --- '86 Trek 500 road
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There is a 6 stage pro road race, the "Tour of Utah" from August 6th through 11th that covers much of this ground: Brian Head to Cedar City, Panguitch to Torrey, Richfield to Payson, Salt Lake City (Criterium I presume), Snowbasin to Snowbird and Park City back to Park City.

Never been there but the scenery should be there for any spectators even if the competitors don't have the time to appreciate it.
    "I never lost a race because my bike was too heavy".......George Mount

Page 19 of 57 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast