Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1506
    My Bikes
    2008 Scott CR1 Pro; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 2001 Fasback Comp; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ Nice!

Found this one and thought it kinda humorous. One of the things they require of Furnace Creek 508 riders is to pepper their bikes with a lot of reflective material. I guess this is what compliance looks like, eh?

Proud parent of a happy inner child ...
    www.photo395.com

My Bikes
    Cannondale; Jamis, Kona, Rocky Mntn
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Biker395 View Post
    I guess this is what compliance looks like, eh?
    I had to read your post twice ... did he REALLY say "eh?". It's said that those two spoken letters are the true sign of being Canadian. Next to loving hockey, Tim Hortons, and a few other addictions.

Semper Fi, A way of life. qcpmsame's Avatar
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I absolutely love TH coffee, our son brings it back from Quebec (my official TH travel mug goes to work every morning with me,) I suppose this, the fact our minor league hockey, the Pensacola Ice Flyers, won its League Championship, and our Canadian rescue dog, Molly, are my bit of Oh Canada, eh!

Bill
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

Community Guidelines, the FAQ is off line right now:http://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html Read this sometime, it can answer a lot of gripes and save you from some assumptions.

My Bikes
    2008 Scott CR1 Pro; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 2001 Fasback Comp; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by h2oxtc View Post
    I had to read your post twice ... did he REALLY say "eh?". It's said that those two spoken letters are the true sign of being Canadian. Next to loving hockey, Tim Hortons, and a few other addictions.
    Yea, baby. You know what I think it might be? I've been listening a lot to my favorite Canadian import:

www.photo395.com

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminder to anyone living near Yosemite: It's traditional for Tioga Pass (Highway 120) to open to cyclists only for a few days before they're done plowing and open the road to vehicular traffic. It should open within the next few weeks, and makes a great ride. If you haven't done it, you should!

Updates here: Tioga and Glacier Point Roads Plowing Update - Yosemite National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Here is from our ride back in 2012.

www.photo395.com

Erect member since 1953 cccorlew's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Roubaix Expert, Motobecane Fantom Outlaw turned commuter, Cannondale F500 Mtn bike, Some old French thing gone fixie
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would LOVE to do that. Where would one start? As in park the car.
    I've never seen Mono lake either, and this goes part it, right?
    Do they announce the bikes-no-cars days on their web site?
    So many questions....
    WANTED: Not a darn thing. I've got it all. Life is good.
    Website at curtis.corlew.com Bicycle blog at ccorlew.blogspot.com

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We started at Crane Flat ... I'd recommend that. There is parking with a gas station that has food and drinks too.

If you go all the way past Tenaya Lake, you should be able to get to the East side. I don't think you can see Mono Lake unless you keep going to the bottom where it intersects US395. But if you do decide to do that, you'll want to check and see if the Whoa Nellie Deli (Mobil Station) is open ... some of the best gourmet food in the Eastern Sierra. And after that, you gotta climb back out, and the climb from the East is steeper than it is from the west.

They should announce the date on that website, but it's not certain. Last year, they didn't open the road up to bikes only at all ... and gave some kind of lame excuse. This year, they just opened it up to the gate on the east side, and for bikes only ... last weekend. But they announced it Friday afternoon(!)

Stay tuned. We're checking it out too, and if we hear anything I'll post something about it here. Maybe you can join us!
    www.photo395.com

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa. Check out the website. They just announced that road is open to cyclists as far as the May Lake junction ... and maybe further. That is not far from Olmstead point!

It would not be crazy for you to consider going THIS weekend.

They may do some more plowing next week, and open the road to cyclists only next weekend ... but I would not bet on it. If you can ... go this weekend!
    www.photo395.com

My Bikes
    Roubaix Expert, Motobecane Fantom Outlaw turned commuter, Cannondale F500 Mtn bike, Some old French thing gone fixie
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was all excited, then my wife pointed out it's about 4 hours there and 4 hours back and a 60 mile ride with climbing and did I really want to do that knowing how much I love (meaning hate) being in a car.

Oh well.

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, baby. You know what I think it might be? I've been listening a lot to my favorite Canadian import:

CSN&Y has always been at the top of my list since the 70's. Many a night spent in a smokey room enjoying both the groups and NY's music.
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Bikes
    Bruce Gordon (Vintage); Merckx MX Leader (Campy 10); Schwinn Paramount (Fixed gear); Fat City Yo Eddy (MTB), Alex Singer (allrounder)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^ so very nice!! ccorlew

My Bikes
    Bruce Gordon (Vintage); Merckx MX Leader (Campy 10); Schwinn Paramount (Fixed gear); Fat City Yo Eddy (MTB), Alex Singer (allrounder)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^Very nice^^^
    My current stable:

1989 SLX Bottecchia (Campy Athena 11s)
    1999 Cannondale F400 mountain bike
    2012 Bianchi Infinito (Campy Record 11s)
    2012 Colnago C59 in PR99 color scheme (Campy Record 11s)

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    April's "Monthly Grind" ride.

The more you ride your bike, the less your ass will hurt.

My Bikes
    Cannondale; Jamis, Kona, Rocky Mntn
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDawg View Post
    April's "Monthly Grind" ride.

BD, you ride some of the most amazing places. Between you and all the cyclists in SoCal, I'm envious of the places you have to ride. I'm not entirely complaining, the Okanagan valley has it's own beauty. I just wish I could ride ALL of these places.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a great time Quacketeering on the Devil Mountain Double this weekend. Oy, do I love that ride. I positioned myself at the top of the Mt. Diablo wall (a short 15% slope) and got some nice photos of the action.

www.photo395.com

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another one from the Devil Mountain Double. This is the descent off of the top. I took this from inside a moving van, so I had to color correct the heck out of it.

www.photo395.com

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another one from the Devil Mountain Double. This is the descent off of the top. I took this from inside a moving van, so I had to color correct the heck out of it.
    Not so for me! It was 34 Deg.F at the summit so with the wind chill it was below freezing on this descent off Diablo. Biker395 did warn me that it was going to be cold and he did loan me some toe covers . . . but still . . . I was shivering on the way down and it wasn't much warmer after we got down to reasonable altitudes.

Nice photo though!

Rick / OCRR

My Bikes
    2014 Specialized Crave Pro 29, 2014 Specialized Crux EVO Carbon Disc, 2012 Black Mountain Cycles Monster Cross, 2011 Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert Compact, 2009 Salsa Casseroll, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^That's funny. My calendar looks just the opposite. Surgery on April 1, no biking since. But that's all over tomorrow, baby.

www.photo395.com

My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BD, same here on my Endomondo calendar. Today is in question, however. 20" plus of rain last night, severe flooding going on and the creeks and streams are over the roads in almost every crossing in the area. What is your screen name on Endomondo?

Bill

Community Guidelines, the FAQ is off line right now:http://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html Read this sometime, it can answer a lot of gripes and save you from some assumptions.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qcpmsame View Post
    BD, same here on my Endomondo calendar. Today is in question, however. 20" plus of rain last night, severe flooding going on and the creeks and streams are over the roads in almost every crossing in the area. What is your screen name on Endomondo?

Bill
    Day 30 of 30 - A pledge is a pledge | Cycling Workout | Endomondo Benny Watson

My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed that one somehow, should have checked the challenges better. I did sign up for a ride everyday in April and managed to complete that one today after the rain stopped, no flooding in our village area. Good job on the challenge BD.

Bill
    Last edited by qcpmsame; 04-30-14 at 08:08 PM.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 49 of 61 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast