Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Chopper Bikes

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Chopper Bikes

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-05, 08:47 PM
www.getafolder.com

Bikes: Brompton T6, Trek 3700 Moutain Bike, Dahon Boardwalk 6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chopper Bikes

Ah, wrong forum you say. No, I saw a guy on a green chopper bike in Santa Fe today. He had to be old enough for this forum. Indeed, he was silently sporting around on a fancy green chopper bicycle on Guadalupe street. The handlebars rose well above his head. I had to do a double take, I not could believe that cycle had no engine. I thought about it for a minute then I did a quick turn around in hot pursuit. I had no camera, but I was gonna run him down anyway and ask him to drop by the store so I could get it all on a digital image file. But I was too late. I could not find him.

I thought it was about the neatest biking image that I've ever seen.

Maybe one of you Santa Fe Century Riders will see him out next weekend.

https://www.sfbikes.com or https://www.getafolder.com/
Old 05-08-05, 09:57 AM
Senior Curmudgeon

Bikes: Varies by day

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
One of the advantages of being over 50 is that one doesn't **have** to be so concerned with what others think. If others like my bike and my clothes, fine. If not, fine too! I, personally, don't want to look like a euro racer while I'm riding. I prefer to look like a friendly guy having a good time on his bicycle. Others may like choppers or unicycles - power to 'em! Send us a photo if you get one. I've seen a few sights that make me want to start carrying a camera while riding, myself.