Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heat Wave!Alert!

Be careful cycling today my in house weather station (Ambient)says its 81* outside going up to 89* this afternoon.No I did not move to the tropics I'm still in NJ.Early this morning it was 33*.... Don"t worry!Nothing can go wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrongwrongwrong,

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I told my daughter and son-in-law today that I had decided to take the native American name Thunder Snow. It sounds uncommon, powerful and cool. Unfortunately, not very much bicycling happens when Thunder Snow is around.

My Bikes
    2012 Trek DS 8.5 all weather hybrid, 2008 LeMond Poprad cyclocross, 1992 Cannondale R500 roadbike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be careful of issuing false weather predictions...

Prosecutors in Ohio are trying to have the ground hog extradited so he can stand trial...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21901544

I hope they get that lying little rodent!
    --------------------------------------
    bikes: 1992 Cannondale R500, 2012 Trek DS 8.5, 2008 LeMond Poprad

My Bikes
    RANS Stratus TerraTrike Cruiser
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure wish the heck some of that blathered about global warming would come to Nebr. More snow and cold here today!!!

My Bikes
    2012 Trek DS 8.5 all weather hybrid, 2008 LeMond Poprad cyclocross, 1992 Cannondale R500 roadbike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rydabent View Post
    Sure wish the heck some of that blathered about global warming would come to Nebr. More snow and cold here today!!!
    I think Bill got all the Global Warming this year. We got a lying rodent named Phil.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well here in the UK the weather forecasters seem to get it spot on except they did not forecast the sun we had a few days ago. Gave me a sense of foreboding as seeing that brightness made me think about riding instead of the gym. Changed into my cycling gear- went to the shed and then went back indoors. It was freezing so as I was dressed correctly- went to the gym as planned.

Snow has Hit the UK again and no let up seen on temperature. Just above freezing so looks like the gym is going to be full again tomorrow.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of us in the midwest this weekend, this video has a more appropriate weather forcast. Warning Language! NSFW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3w8MDiJXek
    Last edited by Mort Canard; 03-23-13 at 10:52 AM.
    "The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles" Butch Cassidy

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
    Well here in the UK the weather forecasters seem to get it spot on except they did not forecast the sun we had a few days ago. Gave me a sense of foreboding as seeing that brightness made me think about riding instead of the gym. Changed into my cycling gear- went to the shed and then went back indoors. It was freezing so as I was dressed correctly- went to the gym as planned.

Snow has Hit the UK again and no let up seen on temperature. Just above freezing so looks like the gym is going to be full again tomorrow.
    Doesn't seem to take much to be a weather forecaster over there;
    -- Rain, Wind, Snow
    -- More Rain, Wind, Snow
    -- Even More Rain, Wind, Snow...

... Repeat as needed....

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBMac View Post
    Doesn't seem to take much to be a weather forecaster over there;
    -- Rain, Wind, Snow
    -- More Rain, Wind, Snow
    -- Even More Rain, Wind, Snow...

... Repeat as needed....
    About right except you forgot the Floods.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Semper Fi, A way of life. qcpmsame's Avatar
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really, tomorrow the high is supposed to be near 80, the catch, tomorrow night it is supposed to be 39 along the coast, around 35. Next three days are lows in the mid to low 30s and highs near 60, with high winds Monday. Not as cold as you all are having and no snow but for a place full of spring break nuts on the beach this wasn't planned. It is fine with me, I just keep the cool weather gear available and ride. You with the severe stuff have my sympathy.

Bill
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

Over forty victim of Fate Cougrrcj's Avatar
    My Bikes
    A few...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're looking at a severe winter storm watch - although it is Spring... They're forecasting 4-6" of snow here in Northern Ohio Sunday nite/ Monday morning.

My Bikes
    2012 Colnago Ace road bike, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little warmer here in Central Florida than what it is where Bill is at. Still, it warms up pretty quickly and with the sun out, even mid and upper 60's is short sleeve riding weather. It's the winds that have been the killer, especially being close to the Gulf.
    HCFR Cycling Team
    Ride Safe ... Ride Hard ... Ride Daily

2012 Colnago Ace
    2010 Giant Cypress

My Bikes
    ariZona carbon fiber tandem & single
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far in 2013 in southern Arizona had it 90 degrees for a high and 18 degrees for a low. And, yes we had snow a month ago.
    Windy? Sure, 30 mph yesterday.
    Rain we could use as we are still in a multi-decade drought.
    Global what-ever . . .

My Bikes
    Cannondale Synapse '06, Mongoose titanium road bike '00--my commuter. Yes, Mongoose once made a decent ti road bike.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snow starting to fall now... Forecast is for 4 - 6 inches on the ground before it stops at about 11:00am tomorrow...

Nobody can believe that this keeps happening... There aren't even any jokes about it anymore. I think people are just numb...

Well, I guess the good part is that I still have gas in my snow blower and I was thinking I was going to have to waste it by running the snow blower dry before putting it away for the spring & summer....
    Last edited by GeorgeBMac; 03-24-13 at 05:48 PM. Reason: add last line

My Bikes
    1992 Specialized Crossroads (red)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's past 6 inches here and still going strong. Sigh. Bike blessing Sunday/Palm Sunday was today, and in the parking lot were two motorcycle-shaped snow sculptures! And the snow had just started at that point. Heavy wet snow with sleet anchors embedded in them. I felt them hit me.

I was going to take my bicycle to this event as a pedal-powered party-crasher/representative, but that went out the window with the Punxsutawney Phil Doublecross. In a fit of irony, if the event were held the Saturday before, you couldn't have ASKED for better weather for cycling and a chili picnic at the park.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David Bierbaum View Post
    It's past 6 inches here and still going strong. Sigh. Bike blessing Sunday/Palm Sunday was today, and in the parking lot were two motorcycle-shaped snow sculptures! And the snow had just started at that point. Heavy wet snow with sleet anchors embedded in them. I felt them hit me.

I was going to take my bicycle to this event as a pedal-powered party-crasher/representative, but that went out the window with the Punxsutawney Phil Doublecross. In a fit of irony, if the event were held the Saturday before, you couldn't have ASKED for better weather for cycling and a chili picnic at the park.
    Not fair! Not Fair! Not Fair!

Hey you up there? MAKE IT STOP! (please?)

A might bewildered... Dudelsack's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Bacchetta Giro ATT 26; Lemond Buenos Aires
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeBMac View Post
    Not fair! Not Fair! Not Fair!

Hey you up there? MAKE IT STOP! (please?)
    My oldest daughter lives in Pittsburgh. I've seen all her pics on Instagram. At least her children like all the snow. I don't envy you.

My Bikes
    '74 Raleigh Grand Prix, 2005 Raleigh Grand Prix
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the Global Warming bunch...about a foot of snow here today-so far. It started early this morning at 1am or thereabouts. As of 9:30 this evening (3/24) it is still coming on strong. Hey Winter-take a hike!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, enjoy your snow while you can. This year's predictions from some national weather something-or-other call for flooding in North Dakota this spring (again), maybe some upper Mississippi river flooding, and then continued drought (currently 51% of the nation, down from 65% last year) with all regions except one likely to experience warmer than normal average temperatures again this year. (Last year was the warmest in the U.S. since records began over a century ago.)

Guess which region is expected to be cooler than normal. Of course, it's the Pacific Northwest. Lucky for us, cooler than normal is still nice, although I would prefer a bit of heat.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudelsack View Post
    My oldest daughter lives in Pittsburgh. I've seen all her pics on Instagram. At least her children like all the snow. I don't envy you.
    The hills around here may not be the best for cyclists -- but they can be great for sled riding! -- and there's some decent skiing a little more than an hour away...

I don't remember being bored around here as a kid because a good snow held endless possibilities: Today's snow was some of the best snow ball making snow I can remember...

My Bikes
    Cannondale Synapse '06, Mongoose titanium road bike '00--my commuter. Yes, Mongoose once made a decent ti road bike.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I began my commute home in 82 degree weather. Then it cooled to 73 by the time I got home. And it's still March.

Semper Fi, A way of life. qcpmsame's Avatar
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a freeze warning for tonight (low 30s to mid 20s in the panhandle and Alabama as well as central to north Georgia.) Winds have been stiff all day with some gusts on the mid 30kts range. It got up in the mid 80s Sunday when I was riding, now the cold is here again. At least we are not shoveling snow or avoiding ice like many of you are. Please be safe and stay warm.

Bill
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

My Bikes
    1992 Specialized Crossroads (red)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ended up getting 12 inches here before all was said and done, but at least it looks like it's going to melt in record time. The birds are all confused by this snowfall. They've been hanging out next to the house and under the cars. There was one... either hawk or falcon, that flew up out of the bush right in front of the house, just as I looked out the front door.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It got up in the mid 80s Sunday when I was riding

An odd day it was with a week of sucky 60s on either side. Rained so hard Saturday and through Sunday morning that when the weather broke at 10, they had to wait two hours for the golf course to dry out (and my course drains faster than any course I've ever seen). I had arrived with a sweater on but by the time we teed off it was well into the 80s. And the best part was they let my partner and I take the tee first, so we cruised through the round in 2:15. Which gave me plenty of time to ride when I got home. After the warmest day thus far this year, it was low 60s with a nasty wind today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast