rck
    My Bikes
    cannondale 400st, dean el diente, specialized hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

almost!

Almost have 10 miles in for the year! Saturdays ride of 6.25 miles (uphill all the way) coupled with my jan 1 ride of 3.25 gets me right up there to around, oh, 9.5miles. Only a couple of thousand more to make me feel righteous! Of course, with that kind of mileage I felt it necessary to have cake and ice cream yesterday and ice cream today. (I love recovery foods.) I would have ridden sunday but it snowed most of the day.

I have to admit that it did indeed feel refreshing to be out with the wind in my face, cars at my back and dogs at my heels. This being a looooooong winter and I also being a fair weather rider the the forced lack of activity has made me a bit more cantankerous than usual. Haven't even been out to the sugar shack or tapped any trees for that matter. Sugaring usually mellows me out.

It is predicted to hit 50(f) this week-end and I'm seriously ready no matter how unwilling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bikes
    2008 Scott CR1 Pro; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 2001 Fasback Comp; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rck View Post
    I have to admit that it did indeed feel refreshing to be out with the wind in my face, cars at my back and dogs at my heels.
    Great post!
    Proud parent of a happy inner child ...
    www.photo395.com

My Bikes
    2012 Trek DS 8.5 all weather hybrid, 2008 LeMond Poprad cyclocross, 1992 Cannondale R500 roadbike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rck View Post
    Almost have 10 miles in for the year! Saturdays ride of 6.25 miles (uphill all the way) coupled with my jan 1 ride of 3.25 gets me right up there to around, oh, 9.5miles. Only a couple of thousand more to make me feel righteous! Of course, with that kind of mileage I felt it necessary to have cake and ice cream yesterday and ice cream today. (I love recovery foods.) I would have ridden sunday but it snowed most of the day.

I have to admit that it did indeed feel refreshing to be out with the wind in my face, cars at my back and dogs at my heels. This being a looooooong winter and I also being a fair weather rider the the forced lack of activity has made me a bit more cantankerous than usual. Haven't even been out to the sugar shack or tapped any trees for that matter. Sugaring usually mellows me out.

It is predicted to hit 50(f) this week-end and I'm seriously ready no matter how unwilling.
    OK! 10 down 1,990 to go! You BETTER get out there this weekend!
    --------------------------------------
    bikes: 1992 Cannondale R500, 2012 Trek DS 8.5, 2008 LeMond Poprad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I'm something of a fair weather cyclist myself -- I think it was the second or third time I fell over because I didn't notice the ice under the snow that cured of riding in the winter. But fear not! Despite the regular storms crossing the country, I have it on good authority that Spring is, in fact, coming.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So far this year I have got in one ride and that was only because I had arranged to meet people about 10 miles from home for a ride. They had more sense and didn't show so I carried on with the ride and froze. They had more sense than I had.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan