Council of the Elders billydonn's Avatar
    My Bikes
    1990 Schwinn Crosscut, 5 Lemonds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by qcpmsame View Post
    All of you are having totally too much fun and are completely disgusting, and I am jealous of each and every ride and picture. Vic, your pics are great, so are all the others here. It is great to see other 50+ members on rides with so much beautiful places being used. Some day.......................
    <--- Bill on bike crashing, but having fun!!

Bill
    Yes, but they will all fall into the ocean someday... that will show them. Also... there are bears.

There is a time to resign oneself
    to old age and infirmity. You first.
    My Cycling Blogspot

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by big john View Post
    O.K., Rick, you would have been proud of me. I went all the way to the ski lifts without stopping! First time I was able to do that.
    Congratulations big john, That is a major climbing milestone (or, 4.6 milestones!). As long as you keep going, you're fine, even if (like me) you aren't going very fast most of the time; it's just so steep!

Plus, it's a wonderful feeling of accomplishment when you look down from the upper parking lot and see the switchbacks below.

Rick / OCRR

Levi leads Chris Horner around one of the last bends.jpgUpper-most switchbacks on Ski-Lift climb. Photo of Levi and Chris Horner, Tour of CA.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123