Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    1992 Serotta Colorado II,Co-Motion Speedster, Giant Escape Hybrid, 1977 Schwinn Super Le Tour
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New PT Job@ my LBS!

So being semi-retired I started working at the local Home Depot about 20 hours a week. Then recently our LBS ,which has 3 stores, was looking for some seasonal help. I know these guys since taking a few classes there and buying 2 bikes and with their help built up my Serotta last fall. So I stopped in today to talk about the potential of some PT work and I will be starting with 2 days per week! I can probably get more if I wish but I also said I would not be available for July as my wife and I are going to Denmark for a cycling trip. Since no one else is really into touring they said I might be the "go to guy"!

Semper Fi, A way of life. qcpmsame's Avatar
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is great, a nice PT job doing anything at our LBS would be fantastic. Between Home Depot and an LBS I wouldn't have a paycheck to take home I'm afraid, Tools and bike parts, my two favorite purchases, when I have a little change to spare. Let us know how the PT job goes as well as the Denmark trip, pics will be required, of course.

Bill
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

Community Guidelines, the FAQ is off line right now:http://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html Read this sometime, it can answer a lot of gripes and save you from some assumptions.

My Bikes
    Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the schools let out, I'm approaching my LBS to see if I can work for store credit. Heck, I'll volunteer a few hours a week just for the experience.
    Please support diabetics like myself, a red rider, by supporting the American Diabetes Association.
    If you see a Tour de Cure event, consider participating or supporting a Red Rider or other participant.

My nephew's and his two friends' blog about their riding the East Coast, Maine to the Keys:
    http://brobreak.wordpress.com/

My Bikes
    Specialized
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for you man. My LBS owner is a friend of mine & I love hanging out there. I just wonder how much I will have to pay him to work there, ha.
    If you want a lighter bike ? Eat more salads !!!!

My Bikes
    better than I deserve
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given my frequent need for rehab, I thought PT=Physical Therapy, and I was wondering how that was going to work out at the LBS. (Massage table in the back room?) Glad you cleared that up. I'd like to work in a bike shop, wrenching rather than sales, tho I am woefully underqualified. Good luck in the new position.
    And I did it all clean.

My Bikes
    Cannondale Synapse '06, Mongoose titanium road bike '00--my commuter. Yes, Mongoose once made a decent ti road bike.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working PT at an LBS just seems like a dream job for us older folks. Nice catch!