Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    1992 Serotta Colorado II,Co-Motion Speedster, Giant Escape Hybrid, 1977 Schwinn Super Le Tour
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New PT Job@ my LBS!

So being semi-retired I started working at the local Home Depot about 20 hours a week. Then recently our LBS ,which has 3 stores, was looking for some seasonal help. I know these guys since taking a few classes there and buying 2 bikes and with their help built up my Serotta last fall. So I stopped in today to talk about the potential of some PT work and I will be starting with 2 days per week! I can probably get more if I wish but I also said I would not be available for July as my wife and I are going to Denmark for a cycling trip. Since no one else is really into touring they said I might be the "go to guy"!

Banned.
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is great, a nice PT job doing anything at our LBS would be fantastic. Between Home Depot and an LBS I wouldn't have a paycheck to take home I'm afraid, Tools and bike parts, my two favorite purchases, when I have a little change to spare. Let us know how the PT job goes as well as the Denmark trip, pics will be required, of course.

Bill

My Bikes
    Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the schools let out, I'm approaching my LBS to see if I can work for store credit. Heck, I'll volunteer a few hours a week just for the experience.
    Please support diabetics like myself, a red rider, by supporting the American Diabetes Association.
    If you see a Tour de Cure event, consider participating or supporting a Red Rider or other participant.

My nephew's and his two friends' blog about their riding the East Coast, Maine to the Keys:
    http://brobreak.wordpress.com/

My Bikes
    Specialized
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good for you man. My LBS owner is a friend of mine & I love hanging out there. I just wonder how much I will have to pay him to work there, ha.
    If you want a lighter bike ? Eat more salads !!!!

My Bikes
    better than I deserve
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given my frequent need for rehab, I thought PT=Physical Therapy, and I was wondering how that was going to work out at the LBS. (Massage table in the back room?) Glad you cleared that up. I'd like to work in a bike shop, wrenching rather than sales, tho I am woefully underqualified. Good luck in the new position.
    And I did it all clean.

My Bikes
    Cannondale Synapse '06, Mongoose titanium road bike '00--my commuter. Yes, Mongoose once made a decent ti road bike.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Working PT at an LBS just seems like a dream job for us older folks. Nice catch!