Thread: First of 2013

My Bikes
    2010 Trek Wahoo, 2010 Trek FX 7.5, 2011 Trek Madone 3.1, 2012 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of 2013

I would not say I am a dedicated rider. In fact I really just started back riding on any normal schedule last year. As the winter got colder I quit. Last night the weather made me want to get out and ride. I know it's nothing to you guys here that are dedicated but I rode 20 miles, felt good although I must admit I am sore today. But when I look around at most of my friends, there is not a one that could do that. It makes me feel good that even after a heart attack a few years ago, I am in better shape than my peers. I got to get back to a normal riding schedule.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back (on the road). The winter lay-off has been really hard on me and my fitness. The time changed right after Halloween last year and it got cold at the same time. My mileage really dropped off, and as a result, I gained about 15 pounds. As you attest ... it feel real good to be back on two wheels.
    Deut 6:5

---

"Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is 'never get involved in a land war in Asia'".
    - Vizzini during his "battle of wits" with the Man in Black

Semper Fi, A way of life. qcpmsame's Avatar
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome back to the riding world, sounds as if you have built up some fitness and aerobic capacity that is sticking with you now. Just keep riding as much as you can and the soreness will go away as your body gets used to riding and the extra activity.

Bill
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

My Bikes
    Cannondale; Jamis, Kona, Rocky Mntn
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this time of year - the anticipation of more riding - I just wish it would quit raining long enough to get out and ride. (I'm a fair weather cyclist)

OP Good for you to get back riding again. I went with my 60+ yr old brother-in-law to buy a new bike last weekend. His first since the Gitane his dad bought him when he was a teenager. It's looking like it will be a good year for cycling.