Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Senior Member George's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Katy Texas
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Posts
    5,271
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Boulder Colorado

    I was thinking about going to the Pro Tour again this year. The year before last I went to Aspen for it, but this year I thought I would try Boulder. Can anybody tell me anything that may help, as far as getting a room and what part of town to stay. I haven't looked at the course yet and I will when I get done here. Thanks for any replies.



    I just read that it's not going to Boulder. Thanks anyhow.
    Last edited by George; 04-10-13 at 07:54 AM.
    George

  2. #2
    Trek 500 Kid Zinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Spokane WA
    My Bikes
    '83 Trek 970 road --- '86 Trek 500 road
    Posts
    2,423
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    A bike stage race in Colorado that doesn't do a criterium in Boulder?.....or the Boulder mountain road race?
    What has the world come to?

  3. #3
    Senior Member George's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Katy Texas
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Posts
    5,271
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinger View Post
    A bike stage race in Colorado that doesn't do a criterium in Boulder?.....or the Boulder mountain road race?
    What has the world come to?
    Looks like I'll be going to Vail.
    George

  4. #4
    Trek 500 Kid Zinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Spokane WA
    My Bikes
    '83 Trek 970 road --- '86 Trek 500 road
    Posts
    2,423
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Looks like I'll be going to Vail.
    Couldn't help you there. The only stage I've seen in Colorado was the start of the Manitou Springs to Hoosier Pass road race in 1979 and I happened to be staying at a girlfreind's place there at the time.

  5. #5
    Let's do a Century jppe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Posts
    6,099
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Looks like I'll be going to Vail.
    Lots of lodging within 20 miles of Vail. Great country.
    Ride your Ride!!

  6. #6
    Senior Member George's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Katy Texas
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Posts
    5,271
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe View Post
    Lots of lodging within 20 miles of Vail. Great country.
    Thanks Joe, I found a few places where I'd like to stay. I'll have to look and see where they are going to have the race festivities going on. It sure is pretty country. I'm thinking about driving so I can bring my bike with me. Greg told me you guys had a pretty good time.
    George

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX - Energy corridor
    My Bikes
    2011 Trek SOHO Deluxe, and 2010 Specialized Roubaix Expert
    Posts
    867
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Thanks Joe, I found a few places where I'd like to stay. I'll have to look and see where they are going to have the race festivities going on. It sure is pretty country. I'm thinking about driving so I can bring my bike with me. Greg told me you guys had a pretty good time.
    If you are driving you will be sorry if you don't take the bicycle! Riding in CO is too much fun. If you fly, you can borrow my bike case.
    Greg

  8. #8
    Senior Member George's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Katy Texas
    My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix
    Posts
    5,271
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gtragitt View Post
    If you are driving you will be sorry if you don't take the bicycle! Riding in CO is too much fun. If you fly, you can borrow my bike case.
    Greg
    Thanks anyhow Greg, but I'll probable drive. We have somethings to work out to see if we can make it. That back surgery may be a problem.
    George

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •