Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   what do old people ride, lets see your bike[s] (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/883946-what-do-old-people-ride-lets-see-your-bike-s.html)

big chainring 02-21-14 08:09 PM

I'm putting this together, early 70's Follis. I enjoy the ride on these old bikes. Its a dark burnt umber color, very French.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a4...D720/ry%3D480/

MileHighMark 02-27-14 02:02 PM

I'll be riding this for a little while:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3788/1...fc00c62b_b.jpg

(Source)

jimmuller 02-27-14 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big chainring (Post 16516518)
I'm putting this together, early 70's Follis. I enjoy the ride on these old bikes. Its a dark burnt umber color, very French.

Very nice, b_c. I just finished putting this together, exceptin' for wanting to replace the RD. Rode it around the block a few times, that's all so far. Dark blue, a repainted '74 Champion Team, and very French.

http://users.rcn.com/jimmuller/pics/...Complete_1.jpg

noglider 02-27-14 03:40 PM

My wife shot this on Sunday. Here I am with my new Leader track racing bike. I'm having fun with it.

Wanderer 02-27-14 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noglider (Post 16533112)
My wife shot this on Sunday. Here I am with my new Leader track racing bike. I'm having fun with it.

White bike, white clothes, out in the middle of the most recent snowstorm, I'll bet!i

noglider 02-27-14 03:59 PM

Ewwps!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-M...o/IMG_2641.jpg

DowneasTTer 02-27-14 04:22 PM

Ok here goes:

my 2001 Mongoose Triomphe mountain bike:

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/gal...?imageid=18041

My 2011 Giant TCR Composite road bike:

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/gal...?imageid=17529

And last but not least my new 2014 Giant Escape RX Composite Hybrid with Shimano 105 drive train:

http://www.smartcarofamerica.com/gal...?imageid=17977

Myosmith 02-27-14 10:01 PM


http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...ps99270b0e.jpg


I have no idea what I'll ride when I'm old, but at 50 this is my gravel grinder. I don't have pictures of my roadie and winter bikes right now, but I'll post when I take some.

Outback Cayucan 02-28-14 12:10 AM

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=366397 '07 61cm Roubaix Comp 105 triple, Power Grips, Koobi saddle, Bike Eye mirror - sweet ride.

7up 02-28-14 05:45 AM

Looks Somewhat like a Peugeot from the 70's.Very Nice.

7up 02-28-14 05:54 AM

The White Peugeot project bike sure brings back awesome memories for me......
Quote:

Originally Posted by jyl (Post 15508643)
14 bikes clutter up this house, counting the piles-of-bits-that-will-eventually-be-a-bike.

This is one I take for shorter, faster rides

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/y...e/89a8951f.jpg

My daily commute bike

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/y...V/9e05bef1.jpg

One of several project bikes

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/y...a/IMG_3786.jpg

Another

http://i800.photobucket.com/albums/y...AA5B79786D.jpg


jimmuller 02-28-14 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noglider (Post 16533168)

Fork's straight.

noglider 02-28-14 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmuller (Post 16534579)
Fork's straight.

:lol:

jyl, something is wrong. Your commuter is your handsomest bike.

Murray Missile 02-28-14 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murray Missile (Post 16093890)
Finished the overhaul on my TREK and used the leftovers from it and the wife's TREK to build up a $20 frame to ride when the roads are crappy.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=342286 http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=342287

Yes, I know, I have a LOT of stuff on my bikes. My next build, an aluminum hybrid, will be "bare bones".

The Trek is getting another make over, making it a mountain bike again without all the gear, no pics yet. The beater got some more of the Trek's take offs like the trekking bars and the hybrid is ready to roll but with the Adamo Typhoon saddle from the Trek.....

http://www.bikeforums.net/attachment...7&d=1393209412 http://www.bikeforums.net/attachment...9&d=1393209439

vschippy 02-28-14 09:11 PM

My endurance road bike Avanti from down under a New Zealand based company that have made a lot of world championship winning velodrome bikes.
But also make some nice road and mountain bikes.
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/...psc371c3a6.jpg
My CAAD 10 5 for every day riding and training

http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/...psa7e517be.jpg

defjack 02-28-14 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=366559Heres mine 74 yoldhttp://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=366529

CenturionIM 02-28-14 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murray Missile (Post 16536824)
The Trek is getting another make over, making it a mountain bike again without all the gear, no pics yet. The beater got some more of the Trek's take offs like the trekking bars and the hybrid is ready to roll but with the Adamo Typhoon saddle from the Trek.....

http://www.bikeforums.net/attachment...7&d=1393209412 http://www.bikeforums.net/attachment...9&d=1393209439

What butterfly bars are those?

Murray Missile 03-01-14 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CenturionIM (Post 16537323)
What butterfly bars are those?

Nashbar on both bikes, I really like them. I prefer the look of drops but I haven't been comfortable riding with drop bars for about 20 years and these offer so many more position options than flat bars with bar ends.

CenturionIM 03-01-14 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murray Missile (Post 16537785)
Nashbar on both bikes, I really like them. I prefer the look of drops but I haven't been comfortable riding with drop bars for about 20 years and these offer so many more position options than flat bars with bar ends.

Awesome, exactly what I am looking for my new build. Price seems pretty reasonable too. Do you run moutain bike shifters on those?

Murray Missile 03-01-14 04:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CenturionIM (Post 16538794)
Awesome, exactly what I am looking for my new build. Price seems pretty reasonable too. Do you run moutain bike shifters on those?


Yep, Shimano trigger shifters with Ergon "short" grips.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=366644 http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=366645

ctpres 03-01-14 05:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My daily rider. Zoom Zoom!

Zinger 03-01-14 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big chainring (Post 16516518)
I'm putting this together, early 70's Follis. I enjoy the ride on these old bikes. Its a dark burnt umber color, very French.
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a4...D720/ry%3D480/

I had to make this bigger so's I can see it :love:

kris7047th 03-01-14 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zinger (Post 16539699)
I had to make this bigger so's I can see it :love:

We have been knee deep in snow in Michigan. This fat-bike is SOoo much fun to ride.

badger1 03-02-14 09:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Is 62 old?? I suppose ... I might have posted this before (can't remember ... maybe 62 is old!): this old person's bike. Nothing special, but works for me (completely gutted/rebuilt '10 Spec. Sirrus Comp). Lousy pic; I'll try to put up a better one sometime.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=366745

JanMM 03-02-14 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badger1 (Post 16540774)
Is 62 old?? I suppose ... I might have posted this before (can't remember ... maybe 62 is old!): this old person's bike. Nothing special, but works for me (completely gutted/rebuilt '10 Spec. Sirrus Comp). Lousy pic; I'll try to put up a better one sometime.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=366745

From Wiki: The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, the standard diagnostic manual of the American Psychiatric Association, used to define middle age as 40–60, but as of Edition IV (1994) revised the definition upwards to 45–65.

I've got another year left of Middle Adulthood and then I'll be Old. (I have posted my Old People bikes here previously.)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:01 AM.