User Tag List

My Bikes
    MASI Gran Criterium S & Guru steel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was the problem?

I was out at the local tack shop looking to buy a pair of boots. Tried on a pair of Ariats and noticed that the right boot fit perfectly while my left foot felt like my sock was bunching up under the ball of my foot. That got me to thinking that I had been having that feeling for the past month since I've gotten back on the bicycle. And that got me to thinking about how when cycling my left foot felt like it wasn't centered properly over the pedal spindle. So I went home and did a bit of measuring and eyeballing and eventually moved the cleat on the left shoe back about 1/4". That afternoon I went out for a leisurely 15 mi. ride and sure enough pedaling was more comfortable. Yesterday I went out on a hilly 28 mi. club ride. It was my first "up pace" ride of the season. Did really well and joined a 4 rider breakaway at the end that got into a pace line and was cruising pretty quickly. Here's the best part. That stress and pain I always get in my right sitz bone? The one I've been *****ing about for the past two seasons.....GONE. And the puffiness in the ball of my left foot? Also gone. Bought those Ariats btw and walking around in total comfort. Who da thunk it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One small change can lead to big results..... glad you got it figured out. Now as far as the Ariat boots, given I'm in Pennsylvania, I have to go with Double H boots. Currently have two pair, but can't figure out how to get cleats mounted on either.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

My Bikes
    Specialized Secteur, old Peugeot
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm one for tinkering. I tinker with the fit of the bike, seat, bars, cleats and everything else. I've managed to tinker my way past some fit issues but will continue to tinker even though the bike is very comfortable now.