Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First TT of the Year

We had our first of 6 TT's at Charlotte Motor Speedway tonight. Good weather but a little more wind than normal. I have been President of the TT's for several years but I have tried to have others on the Board take over the TT's since the demands of my paying job has greatly picked up. Still working on someone else completely taking responsibility..........

Anyway, I got to the track and after setting up my bike I realized I had forgotten my bike computer. You really need a computer to keep up with the distance as you will lose track of laps after a while. So I went back home to get my computer-fortunately I live not too far from the track.

After overseeing some of the track setup I got ready to warm up for my ride and to my surprise my heart rate chest strap was not in my bike bag where I ALWAYS put it after my last ride. Darn. So I didn't know how much effort I was putting out and how hard to ride.........

Anyway I rode and took it pretty easy as I have a 100 miler this Sunday and didn't want to overdo it. Plus I just didn't know where my HR was in the Zones. I had plenty left in the tank for the last couple laps so I definitely rode slower than normal.

Even with the easier pace I was two minutes faster than my first event last year but about 1 1/2 minutes slower than my PR. Overall I was happy with the results but I know I could have easily been 30-45 seconds faster.

I averaged 24.6 mph and my PR is 26.2 mph over the 10 miles, so room for improvement but not a bad first event. I expect the best time in my 60-64 year old age group will be around 22 min 45 seconds.

It is a fun safe event where you don't have to worry about traffic. I don't know that we have ever had anyone get lost doing one of our rides either!!!!
    Ride your Ride!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The TT series are great events. I keep saying I'll make it back down there to do one again but it never seems to work out. I'll do one again I'm sure, just not sure when.
    FS: Shimano DA 7900 brake calipers, DA 7900 Crankset 50/34 175mm and BB

My Bikes
    Bacchetta Giro ATT 26; Lemond Buenos Aires
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Anyone else do one lately?