Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winter in April

My Bikes
    RANS Stratus TerraTrike Cruiser
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here in Lincoln, this mornings temp was 22 degrees. That was 5 degrees lower than the old record low. Send some of the global warming nuts to Lincoln I would like to have a little chat with them!!!

My Bikes
    Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rydabent View Post
    Here in Lincoln, this mornings temp was 22 degrees. That was 5 degrees lower than the old record low. Send some of the global warming nuts to Lincoln I would like to have a little chat with them!!!
    Don't confuse weather with climate.
    Please support diabetics like myself, a red rider, by supporting the American Diabetes Association.
    If you see a Tour de Cure event, consider participating or supporting a Red Rider or other participant.

My nephew's and his two friends' blog about their riding the East Coast, Maine to the Keys:
    http://brobreak.wordpress.com/

My Bikes
    2013 Specialized Seceur Elite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldsCOOL View Post
    Ahhhh, you are doing the Zoo. Yeah, it will be warmer. But who knows how much warmer? Probably windy and rainy.
    C'mon - a little optimism here!!

My Bikes
    hand built lemond, lava done, 520 and a Louis Garneau I picked up in Thailand
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Snowed again yesterday and today's high is only supposed to be 28f. The extended weather forecast says we may hit the 40's next week. At least my booties I bought last year are getting a lot of use.

My Bikes
    Spec Roubaix, three Fisher Montare, two Pugs
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep yep....chena hot springs rd ride :)

Quote Originally Posted by akwoodworker View Post
    Snowed again yesterday and today's high is only supposed to be 28f. The extended weather forecast says we may hit the 40's next week. At least my booties I bought last year are getting a lot of use.
    It's just crazy! My wife and I got a 20mi ride in yesterday over a few hills on CHS rd before it started snowing. I didn't wear my booties and oh my...were my toes painfully cold at the end of the 1.5 hr ride. It was our first ride on our road bikes. Today we'll do 30 as we start to build our mileage up...if it doesn't snow! Sheesh. This weekend last year I was in Denali Park doing Teklanika to Polychrome and back. Not this year!
    If you see an old clyde with a white beard on a white Roubaix .... good chance it's me! Most of the time I'm with my wife who rides a white Spec Ruby.
    Smiling cause my sig doesn't apply to you..

My Bikes
    2013 Specialized Seceur Elite
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, rumors to the contrary, we CAN get a decent spring day in Michigan, and I have the (annotated) pics to prove it!!

SpringDay2013_800.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May 6 now and I'm pleased to report we haven't had snow for 4 days. Maybe spring is around the corner after all.

We got freezing rain today instead.
    "I heard the music and I wrote to it. Some people beat drums, some people strum guitars. It's all in the music you hear" ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Third World Layabout crtreedude's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Cannondale F900 and Tandem
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, contrary to what people think, we do have two seasons here, winter and summer. Winter is from June to December, and Summer is from January to May. The temperature doesn't change, nor really does the day light period (living in the tropics), but the rain sure does. Winter is when it rains frequently, and summer, when it stops. Right now we are at the end of summer and it is getting DRY, but it is wonderful time for riding dirt roads, that are normally axle deep in clay.

But rain is wonderful too, for when you wish to be cool on the lastre and paved roads.

Sorry though, we think it is cold, when we have to put socks on...

In a state of 5th Dimension, where size has no meaning.
    My Bikes
    Gunnar Street Dog
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the Boston area, warm days have been few and far between thus far. That east wind refuses to quit, and it is unusually strong this year. Well inland, they were basking in mid 70s yesterday, but those of us in the Boston area were shivering. Here, it can be in the mid 50s, but with that east wind, feel like it's in the 30s. This time last year, we were getting well up in the 70s by now,
    with some 80 degree days.

Bring on the summer.
    I thought I was suffering from depression once. Turned out, I was simply surrounded by idiots.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Connell View Post
    May 6 now and I'm pleased to report we haven't had snow for 4 days. Maybe spring is around the corner after all.

We got freezing rain today instead.
    Today is February 95th.
    "He who serves all, best serves himself" Jack London

Quote Originally Posted by Bjforrestal View Post
    I don't care if you are on a unicycle, as long as you're not using a motor to get places you get props from me. We're here to support each other. Share ideas, and motivate one another to actually keep doing it.

My Bikes
    The same GT Outpost Mountain bike I've been riding since 1996. I also have a collection of cruisers, folders, and some antiques.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for New York. It's not snowing here, but we just haven't hit that "gotta get on the bike today" weather yet.
    Papa Tom

"I just need a rest...and by 'rest' I mean a really long bicycle ride."

My Bikes
    Felt F55X
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have finally in Chicagoland Yaaaaay! Hope you get there soon NY.
    2012 Felt F55X

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We went from Winter to Summer down in the south over here. Don't know what happened to spring.

Temps just hitting the 70's and the wife was in the pool for the first time this year yesterday. Today expected 70's again but for the rest of the week it goes downhill with High 50's and a bit of rain and more wind. Spring may be just round the corner.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    2008 Scott CR1 Pro; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 2001 Fasback Comp; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icyclist View Post
    I had a great ride down to the coast of the Pacific Ocean today, starting in 70+ weather at 4:30 p.m., and then I great views out over the city of Los Angeles on my return, after a side trip up to the Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook. We've barely had winter in L.A.

Whoa. I work nearby and have never ridden my bike up there! Nice!
    Proud parent of a happy inner child ...
    www.photo395.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123