Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

N+1 Strikes again.

A Dahon 3 folder has joined the stable, for my wife. She works for a company that promotes alternative transportation, so she drives as little as possible. Last year she rode 2200+ miles, both recreation and for business. She sometimes has to go to meetings in the city, so she would put her bike on the train to get to the train station to the meeting place. The issue is that full size bikes are not allowed on some rush hour trains, but folding bikes are allowed on all trains. So she had me on the look out for a folder at the charity bikes shop where I volunteer. Today was her lucky day! There was a gently used Dahon 3 in the shop(the 3 stands for three speed), it even had a carrying bag. I'll post pictures after I give it a good cleaning, polishing, and adjusting.
    A new ride for her, and another bike for me to maintain(but I guess I'll get some use out of this one too).
    If you don't know the way, you shouldn't be going there.

My Bikes
    Too many
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I bought one last month. Dahon Classic 7, brand new, $100.
    Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving. Albert Einstein
    2014 Additions: 1985 Trek 560, 1992 Trek Multitrack 700 (my 2nd), 1994 Trek Carbon 2200, Peugeot PX-10, 1981 Schwinn Voyageur 11.8, 1989 Bridgestone RB-1, Miyata 912

My Bikes
    Cannondale; Jamis, Kona, Rocky Mntn
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't take this the wrong way. I didn't know that these kinds of bikes existed outside of the circus. When I Googled Dahon I was amazed at the range of models that they produce. Very interesting! Having ridden the commuter train now and again I've watched people wrestle their full size bikes onto the hanging bike racks, not to mention trying to get on or off the train with the bike when it's standing room only. The folding bike makes perfect sense.