User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Bikes
    Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please support diabetics like myself, a red rider, by supporting the American Diabetes Association.
    If you see a Tour de Cure event, consider participating or supporting a Red Rider or other participant.

My nephew's and his two friends' blog about their riding the East Coast, Maine to the Keys:
    http://brobreak.wordpress.com/

My Bikes
    1992 Specialized Crossroads (red)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't "jink" intentionally, but I get the same wobbly effect from my alternating fear of the traffic, that stupid senseless vertical curb, and all the cr...stuff that accumulates between the curb and the white line, up to and including hubcaps and scrap lumber.

My Bikes
    Cannondale; Jamis, Kona, Rocky Mntn
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lhbernhardt View Post

I have been riding on the track for over 40 years, and I can hold the bike right on the painted line. But it seems that the straighter you can ride, the closer the cars feel they can approach. So it helps to ride below your skill level!

Luis
    That's interesting! I've always intentionally ridden straight so the driver's are less nervous when passing me. But you're absolutely right, in doing so they do drive closer to me. I might just have to start weaving a little. Thanks!

My Bikes
    1983 SR road bike, 1988 Peugeot PY-10P Frankenbike, 1994 Diamond Back Response Elite MTB. 1964 Schwinn Typhoon. 1977 Peugeot PRN10E.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ride to work most days on a motorcycle. The secret to staying alive is trying to anticipate what people are going to do. I've had to use the bike lane a few times to avoid some jackass in a car. Thank God there were no cyclists in it at the time.
    1988 Peugeot PY-10/P Frankenbike, 1994 Diamondback "Response Elite" MTB, 2002 Performance M201 MTB and a 1983 SR road bike that has become my favorite ride. At least for now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12