Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Let's do a Century jppe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    North Carolina
    My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Posts
    6,077
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Are there others that have passed away whilethey were active users of the 50+ Forum

    I have to admit that I was surprised at how my emotions were affected hearing the loss of NOS88. Even though I never personally met him we exchanged a lot of information via this forum through various threads.

    Anyway, have there been others that have passed away that were active members of this forum?
    Ride your Ride!!

  2. #2
    Senior member Dan Burkhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Oakville Ontario
    Posts
    4,911
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe View Post
    I have to admit that I was surprised at how my emotions were affected hearing the loss of NOS88. Even though I never personally met him we exchanged a lot of information via this forum through various threads.

    Anyway, have there been others that have passed away that were active members of this forum?
    Sheldon Brown is the one that comes instantly to mind. I don't remember if he posted in the 50+, but he was certainly active elsewhere on this forum.
    Gearhubs demystified and other cool stuff.


    Rule #12: The correct number of bikes to own is n+1

  3. #3
    Email for new group DnvrFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Send email to dnvrfox@aol.com for new group
    Posts
    20,883
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There have been a couple of 50+'rs - one several years back, killed in an accident, and I can not remember the handle. There was a guy very popular in the 41 who was in his 60's and lived about 10 miles from me killed by a car a couple of years ago. I believe his name was Sydney. He never posted in the 50+ as I recall.

    There is a "Wall of Remembrance" in the BFN.
    Last edited by DnvrFox; 05-16-13 at 08:52 PM.
    Gone - email me at dnvrfox@aol.com for new group of old 50+ folks

  4. #4
    The Recumbent Quant cplager's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Norwalk, CT
    My Bikes
    2012 Cruzbike Sofrider, 2013 Cruzigami Mantis
    Posts
    2,836
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe View Post
    hearing the loss of NOS88.
    Very luckily, NOS88 is fine. This was apparently one of his students messing around.
    http://Charles.Plager.net
    http://RecumbentQuant.blogspot.com

  5. #5
    Warning:Annoying to jerks RaleighSport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    STS
    My Bikes
    Leader 725, Centurion Turbo, Raleigh Team Technium, Schwinn Premis, GT Tequesta, Bridgestone CB-2
    Posts
    5,809
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cplager View Post
    Very luckily, NOS88 is fine. This was apparently one of his students messing around.
    Thank you for posting that.
    “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”


    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Emerson in His Journals

  6. #6
    Senior Member Retro Grouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    St Peters, Missouri
    My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Posts
    23,821
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DnvrFox View Post
    There was a guy very popular in the 41 who was in his 60's and lived about 10 miles from me killed by a car a couple of years ago. I believe his name was Sydney. He never posted in the 50+ as I recall.
    Sydney was more than a couple of years ago. I'm thinking it was when 50+ was in it's infancy.

  7. #7
    Email for new group DnvrFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Send email to dnvrfox@aol.com for new group
    Posts
    20,883
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    Sydney was more than a couple of years ago. I'm thinking it was when 50+ was in it's infancy.
    Sydney joined BFN in 2004. His last post was 2007.
    Gone - email me at dnvrfox@aol.com for new group of old 50+ folks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •