User Tag List

My Bikes
    Focus Cayo Evo , Cannondale Adventure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Ergon Pedal users?

I was very pleased with some GP3 Ergon grips I ordered, they solved the problem. Has anyone tried the Ergon Pedals?

http://www.ergon-bike.com/us/en/product/pc2

I use flat platform pedals on my hybrid and seem to always be hunting for the best position for my foot. They claim the shape puts your foot in the right place, and the 3M tread material is good for grip.

Don't even suggest clip less or clips, ain't happnin'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tried them. Didn't like them. Tried these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Liked them. A lot. They also make a loose bearing version that's a bit cheaper if you like.
    2013 Trek Domane 5.9, 2013 Specialized Sirrus Limited
    2012 Trek GF Cobia

My Bikes
    86 RockHopper,2008 Specialized Globe. Both upgraded to 9 speeds.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryPitts View Post
    Tried them. Didn't like them. Tried these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Liked them. A lot. They also make a loose bearing version that's a bit cheaper if you like.
    Thanks for the heads up.
    I have identical cranks on my 2 bikes and now I can have identical pedals too.
    I got the loose bearing version. $34.95 for 2 sets delivered.
    Now I have something to use my 2-300 odd size bearing balls in

My Bikes
    Trek Madone 4.7 WSD, 1969 Schwinn Collegiate, Cannondale Quick 4, Terry Classic, Gary Fisher Marlin, Dahon Jetstream XP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Ergon's on one of my bikes. Platform pedals and me don't get along that great. I can only go about 30, 40 miles before my feet start bothering me. Ergons are about the best for me but are not a perfect solution. They are shaped so your foot can sit in the curve of the pedal. My feet don't stay put. But they don't on any pedals other than clipless.

If it is really wet out the sandpapery surface doesn't help much. Some of my shoes are slippery on the pedals in those conditions.

Even though I am not giving a great review they still are my favorite platform pedals. I do like that they work with any shoes, I often wear hiking boots and ride to various hikes. They work great with those pedals.

I am not overly fond of the pedals with the little pins in them. Somehow they end up finding my shins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had any trouble with the pins and the shins. Before I had these, I was using bear trap style pedals. After drawing blood, oh, maybe half a dozen times, I switched to the Redlines and they've been wonderful. Stick like glue and no blood!
    2013 Trek Domane 5.9, 2013 Specialized Sirrus Limited
    2012 Trek GF Cobia

My Bikes
    Focus Cayo Evo , Cannondale Adventure
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? That's it?

Don from Austin Texas
    My Bikes
    Schwinn S25 "department store crap" FS MTB, home-made CF 26" hybrid, CF road bike with straight bar, various wierd frankenbikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawed View Post
    I was very pleased with some GP3 Ergon grips I ordered, they solved the problem. Has anyone tried the Ergon Pedals?

http://www.ergon-bike.com/us/en/product/pc2

I use flat platform pedals on my hybrid and seem to always be hunting for the best position for my foot. They claim the shape puts your foot in the right place, and the 3M tread material is good for grip.

Don't even suggest clip less or clips, ain't happnin'.
    Doubt it will ever happen for me either. I tried SPD and gave them away to a riding buddy. I like these: http://www.treefortbikes.com/product...m-Pedals,.html

Don in Austin