Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Roof On The Way

We had a big hail storm come through today and looks like I will be getting a new roof which going to need to be replaced in the next few years.

The bad news is that my car 2007 Mercury Milan and my sons car 2000 Grand Am Coup took a pretty good beating. Not a huge deal because I drive my cars until the wheels fall off and cars are not a status symbol for me. I have full coverage on both cars but, I won't be getting the Grand Am fixed and it is quiet likely the Milan won't be fixed either. The money will just go to the new car fund. Actually, I might be able to get a Honda CRV that has some hail damage for a really decent price.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Planemaker,
    Just glad you and yours weren't hurt or more damage done in your area, saw the storms on the news and weather reports after my ride yesterday. Stay safe, the storms are supposed to be strong in your area again today.

Edit, 20 May 2013, this afternoon has apparently been much worse in Oklahoma, the Moore area has been hit terribly hard, including at least 2 schools. Prayers for all of these people to be recovered and safe.
    Bill
    Last edited by qcpmsame; 05-21-13 at 08:54 AM.
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

"We can't control that we have Parkinson's, but we can control how we live with Parkinson's" Davis Phinney

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Presume you are in Oklahoma and those Tornadoes are hitting headline news over here in the UK. Hope you stay safe.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    1959 Capo; 1980 Peugeot PKN-10; 1981 Bianchi; 1988 Schwinn KOM-10;
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cars are not a status symbol with me, either, which is why I drive a 17-year-old hand-me-down from son #2. It "needs" paint and a new interior roof liner, but I hesitate to throw money at cosmetics.

As long as you buy a used car with cosmetic damage only, as opposed to a flood-damaged one, you should be OK.
    "Early to bed, early to rise. Work like hell, and advertise." -- George Stahlman
    Capo [dschaw'-poe]: 1959 Modell Campagnolo, S/N 40324; 1960 Sieger, S/N 42624
    Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
    Bianchi: 1981 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
    Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069