Bike Forums

Bike Forums (https://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Planemaker's entry into Club Tombay (https://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/891491-planemakers-entry-into-club-tombay.html)

stapfam 05-24-13 02:36 AM

Planemaker's entry into Club Tombay

1 Attachment(s)
And here is the certificate to prove it.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=318854

I should mention that there are various grades of entry to Club Tombay and this is the basic membership. There are certain criteria to gain a higher standard such as requiring medical assistance- Having the application certified by Video or Still photo- The amount of blood leaked from the injuries sustained or how large the medical bill was. The ultimate is doing in front of your neighbours.

Additional points can be gained by having offduty nurses-In uniform preferably- show concern and render first aid to you.

Tom Stormcrowe 05-24-13 03:03 AM

Mine happened outside a Sorority as a middle aged geezer, as I mentioned in another thread. Do Sorority girls ruswhing out to untangle you from the rose bushes and patch up your wounds count after you tip over, showing off track standing on a fixed gear?

Tom Stormcrowe 05-24-13 03:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, Planemaker, here's a convenient wallet card, too.

http://bikeforums.net/attachment.php...hmentid=318857

bbeasley 05-24-13 05:24 AM

Sorority Girls, Rose Bushes, Showing off track standing on a fixed gear. Congratulations!

Good job fellas :)

Retro Grouch 05-24-13 12:28 PM

My most embarrassing was when my son was about 5. I had acquired a small wheeled Gitane 3-speed derailleur road bike for him to ride and we went for a ride together. I decided this would be a good time to try out my new cycling shoes and clips (before clipless pedals). As we rode through the neighborhood I saw a friend of mine and rode up to talk to him. Only after I had come to a stop did I remember the new shoe clips. TOMBAY! Right in front of my friend and my 5 year old son. Worse yet, I found it difficult to extricate my shoe from the pedal while laying on my side.

Afterward, whenever I asked my son to go for a ride with me, he always asked what shoes I was going to wear.

Tom Stormcrowe 05-24-13 01:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Retro Grouch (Post 15663276)
My most embarrassing was when my son was about 5. I had acquired a small wheeled Gitane 3-speed derailleur road bike for him to ride and we went for a ride together. I decided this would be a good time to try out my new cycling shoes and clips (before clipless pedals). As we rode through the neighborhood I saw a friend of mine and rode up to talk to him. Only after I had come to a stop did I remember the new shoe clips. TOMBAY! Right in front of my friend and my 5 year old son. Worse yet, I found it difficult to extricate my shoe from the pedal while laying on my side.

Afterward, whenever I asked my son to go for a ride with me, he always asked what shoes I was going to wear.

Your wallet card, sir!

Zinger 05-24-13 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Retro Grouch (Post 15663276)

Yeah lol.

Mine like this was in my twenties so I can't qualify....yet. First set of toeclips on my Italvega and I pull up to a stop sign behind a car with teenage girls peering out the back window. I was being so cool I forgot to loosen my left strap......They were quite impressed.

nondes 05-24-13 02:24 PM

Stapfam's criteria are faulty - we in Canada don't get medical bills for these kinds of injuries and I don't think the Brits do either. This puts the Yanks (and Rebels) at an advantage.

stapfam 05-24-13 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by nondes (Post 15663662)
Stapfam's criteria are faulty - we in Canada don't get medical bills for these kinds of injuries and I don't think the Brits do either. This puts the Yanks (and Rebels) at an advantage.

You can substitute Waiting time to get treatment for the Bill:innocent:

Or the Brits can.

Retro Grouch 05-24-13 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by stapfam (Post 15663767)
You can substitute Waiting time to get treatment for the Bill:innocent: Or the Brits can.

Maybe you're just not trying hard enough. Do you get treated more quickly if your injuries are more serious?