Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Planemaker's entry into Club Tombay

And here is the certificate to prove it.

Planemaker.jpg

I should mention that there are various grades of entry to Club Tombay and this is the basic membership. There are certain criteria to gain a higher standard such as requiring medical assistance- Having the application certified by Video or Still photo- The amount of blood leaked from the injuries sustained or how large the medical bill was. The ultimate is doing in front of your neighbours.

Additional points can be gained by having offduty nurses-In uniform preferably- show concern and render first aid to you.
    Last edited by stapfam; 05-24-13 at 03:40 AM.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Techna Wheelchair and a Sun EZ 3 Recumbent Trike
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Mine happened outside a Sorority as a middle aged geezer, as I mentioned in another thread. Do Sorority girls ruswhing out to untangle you from the rose bushes and patch up your wounds count after you tip over, showing off track standing on a fixed gear?
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.

. “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals." - Immanuel Kant

The Site Administrator: Currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes,please contact my assistnt admins for forum issues Tom Stormcrowe's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hey, Planemaker, here's a convenient wallet card, too.

ClubTombay.Planemaker.jpg
    on light duty due to illness; please contact my assistants for forum issues. They are Siu Blue Wind, or CbadRider or the other 3 star folk. I am currently at home recovering from a couple of strokes. I am making good progress, happily.

. “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”- Fredrick Nietzsche

My Bikes
    Wabi Lightning RE, Wabi Classic
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorority Girls, Rose Bushes, Showing off track standing on a fixed gear. Congratulations!

Good job fellas

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My most embarrassing was when my son was about 5. I had acquired a small wheeled Gitane 3-speed derailleur road bike for him to ride and we went for a ride together. I decided this would be a good time to try out my new cycling shoes and clips (before clipless pedals). As we rode through the neighborhood I saw a friend of mine and rode up to talk to him. Only after I had come to a stop did I remember the new shoe clips. TOMBAY! Right in front of my friend and my 5 year old son. Worse yet, I found it difficult to extricate my shoe from the pedal while laying on my side.

Afterward, whenever I asked my son to go for a ride with me, he always asked what shoes I was going to wear.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    My most embarrassing was when my son was about 5. I had acquired a small wheeled Gitane 3-speed derailleur road bike for him to ride and we went for a ride together. I decided this would be a good time to try out my new cycling shoes and clips (before clipless pedals). As we rode through the neighborhood I saw a friend of mine and rode up to talk to him. Only after I had come to a stop did I remember the new shoe clips. TOMBAY! Right in front of my friend and my 5 year old son. Worse yet, I found it difficult to extricate my shoe from the pedal while laying on my side.

Afterward, whenever I asked my son to go for a ride with me, he always asked what shoes I was going to wear.
    Your wallet card, sir!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Bikes
    '83 Trek 970 road --- '86 Trek 500 road
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post

Yeah lol.

Mine like this was in my twenties so I can't qualify....yet. First set of toeclips on my Italvega and I pull up to a stop sign behind a car with teenage girls peering out the back window. I was being so cool I forgot to loosen my left strap......They were quite impressed.

My Bikes
    1999 Litespeed Tuscany 105, 2007 Marin Palisades Trail, 2006 Burley Duet tandem
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stapfam's criteria are faulty - we in Canada don't get medical bills for these kinds of injuries and I don't think the Brits do either. This puts the Yanks (and Rebels) at an advantage.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nondes View Post
    Stapfam's criteria are faulty - we in Canada don't get medical bills for these kinds of injuries and I don't think the Brits do either. This puts the Yanks (and Rebels) at an advantage.
    You can substitute Waiting time to get treatment for the Bill

Or the Brits can.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
    You can substitute Waiting time to get treatment for the Bill Or the Brits can.
    Maybe you're just not trying hard enough. Do you get treated more quickly if your injuries are more serious?