User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystery Bracket

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mystery Bracket

I am going to get a frame pump as a backup for my CO2 device. I have decided to by one of the following pumps:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

or this one

http://www.amazon.com/Lezyne-Micro-F...ds=lezyne+pump

I would prefer to buy the Topeak based on reviews but, I want to mount this to the side of my water bottle cage. It is my understanding from other posts that there is bracket that will all for the mount of a frame pump to side of a water bottle cage (similar to the Lezyne) but, I will be darned if I can find it. Can any of you help me out?

My Bikes
    Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you decide on the Road Morph, may I suggest this version(easier to read gauge which isn't any more in the way). http://www.amazon.com/Topeak-Turbo-M...eak+road+morph
    Please support diabetics like myself, a red rider, by supporting the American Diabetes Association.
    If you see a Tour de Cure event, consider participating or supporting a Red Rider or other participant.

My nephew's and his two friends' blog about their riding the East Coast, Maine to the Keys:
    http://brobreak.wordpress.com/

My Bikes
    Specialized Roubaix Expert Road and Specialized Stump Jumper FS Mountain
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't really understand your post. Are you asking if there is a universal bracket for pumps? No. Pumps come in various sizes and many come with their own mounting bracket. My wife has the topek (first one above) and it does the job. I'm a big fan of pumps and prefer them to CO2 devices for lots of reasons.

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem with the frame mount on the Morph series is that it takes the place of a water bottle. There is a mount that will mount the morph to the side of the water bottle enabling 2 water bottles to be carried.

I gave up and just reverted to my old favourite of a Camel Back if it was going to be a 2 bottle ride.

Pic of standard mounting taking the place of a water bottle DSC00189.jpg
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Banned.
    My Bikes
    20" Folder, Road Bike
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

the right sort of bracket will come with the right sort of pump :

rgds, sreten.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stapfam View Post
    Problem with the frame mount on the Morph series is that it takes the place of a water bottle. There is a mount that will mount the morph to the side of the water bottle enabling 2 water bottles to be carried.

I gave up and just reverted to my old favourite of a Camel Back if it was going to be a 2 bottle ride.

Pic of standard mounting taking the place of a water bottle DSC00189.jpg
    There is a mount available for the Topeak that allows you to keep the water bottle. I know, because I bought 2 of them. The original brackets did, indeed, replace one water bottle, being a center mount. However, it was my understanding that more current Topeak Morphs are being shipped with such a bracket.

Give them a call on the phone. They are easy to talk to, and will gladly answer your questions.

Also, Todson.com has them

http://todson.com/products-page/tope...harp-mini-tpd/
    Last edited by DnvrFox; 05-27-13 at 01:24 PM.
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

tsl
    My Bikes
    '96 Litespeed Classic, '06 Trek Portland, '13 Ribble Winter/Audax
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zip-ties.

Standard Road Morph bracket, two zip-ties. Done. I have it that way on all four bikes.
    My two favorite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything.
    The perfect day: Riding a bike to the library.—Peter Golkin

Lucky for me, I work at a library and bike to work.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I zip tied it to the top tube so I could have 2 water bottles.

Please support diabetics like myself, a red rider, by supporting the American Diabetes Association.
    If you see a Tour de Cure event, consider participating or supporting a Red Rider or other participant.

My nephew's and his two friends' blog about their riding the East Coast, Maine to the Keys:

My Bikes
    Several, mostly not name brands.
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikey Mikey View Post
    I zip tied it to the top tube so I could have 2 water bottles.

Whatever happened to pump pegs?

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDThompson View Post
    Won't work with the Road Morph.

My Bikes
    '83 Trek 970 road --- '86 Trek 500 road
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnDThompson View Post
    Wondering that myself. My old lugged Trek has one. That Silca frame pump only gets up to about 80 though so I've been considering a larger seat pack to hold a CO2.

My Bikes
    1997 Specialized M2Pro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen something that attaches between the water bottle and the frame, and has something that comes out to the side for mounting a pump.

At one point, my road morph was mounted on the bottom side of the down tube. I put plastic wrap so that it wouldn't get too dirty.

may I suggest this version(easier to read gauge which isn't any more in the way)
    Yes, my road morph gauge is hard to see. If they would just color code the different pressures, it would be fine.

My Book: Drive, Ride, Repeat: The Mostly-True Account of a Cross-Country Car and Bicycle Adventure

tsl
    My Bikes
    '96 Litespeed Classic, '06 Trek Portland, '13 Ribble Winter/Audax
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TromboneAl View Post
    Yes, my road morph gauge is hard to see. If they would just color code the different pressures, it would be fine.

I always had a hard time with their PSI lines. I learned to use the BAR dots down the middle instead. They're much easier to see, especially since the insides of the plastic window have gotten dirty after having the pumps for several many years. Everything else on the bike is metric, why should my tire pressure be?
    My two favorite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything.
    The perfect day: Riding a bike to the library.—Peter Golkin

Lucky for me, I work at a library and bike to work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the Topeak Turbo Morph G. The gauge is easier to use and works better than my Road Morph in-line gauge did. The mount from Todson linked above is the one to use. The velcro strap keeps the pump tight just in case.

http://www.topeak.com/products/Pumps/TurboMorphG
    Silver Eagle Pilot

My Bikes
    2012 Motobecane Ti SRAM Red/2008 Trek Madone SRAM Force
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found those gauges to be almost useless...I pump until I think it's firm enough.
    The thoughts and opinions expressed by this poster are his own and should not be misconstrued as gospel. They are and were not meant to inflame, enrage or otherwise tick anyone off, usually. ©
    2012 Ti Motobecane with SRAM Red 2013~2008 Trek Madone with SRAM Force~2010 Specialized Hardrock 29er~2006 Trek 4300~Garmin 800 CTR
    Mark

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Metric Man View Post
    I've found those gauges to be almost useless...I pump until I think it's firm enough.
    ....a bicycle tire/tyre, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have this pump in medium.
    http://www.backcountry.com/lezyne-ro...:referralID=NA

The bracket mounts underneath a water bottle cage with the pump off to one side. There is no gauge, I keep pumping until the tire feels firm. Unfortunately, had a flat yesterday, so had another opportunity in using the pump. Once home, found I inflated to just 60 psi, so a gauge would be helpful.

My Bikes
    2012 Motobecane Ti SRAM Red/2008 Trek Madone SRAM Force
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikey Mikey View Post
    ....a bicycle tire/tyre, right?
    Why yes. Well played Mikey.
    The thoughts and opinions expressed by this poster are his own and should not be misconstrued as gospel. They are and were not meant to inflame, enrage or otherwise tick anyone off, usually. ©
    2012 Ti Motobecane with SRAM Red 2013~2008 Trek Madone with SRAM Force~2010 Specialized Hardrock 29er~2006 Trek 4300~Garmin 800 CTR
    Mark

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Planemaker View Post
    ...the mount of a frame pump to side of a water bottle cage (similar to the Lezyne)...
    A silly question . . . why don't you go ahead and get a Lezyne? They come with the bracket that fits under the bottle cage, or at least the Road Drive L does, (I must have five of them, one for each bike in the stable - the white ones are hard to find). Of the 13 Amazon reviews, 11 are five stars, one is four, the other is three. However, I must say that I don't think I've ever gotten the full 120 psi out of them. Maybe that is because I don't pump long enough, (it gets tiring after awhile, and ya just want to get back on the road). It has always given me enough pressure to get back home, I'm guessing between 80-90 psi.
    Deut 6:5

---

"Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is 'never get involved in a land war in Asia'".
    - Vizzini during his "battle of wits" with the Man in Black

6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England
    My Bikes
    Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by volosong View Post
    A silly question . . . why don't you go ahead and get a Lezyne? They come with the bracket that fits under the bottle cage, or at least the Road Drive L does, (I must have five of them, one for each bike in the stable - the white ones are hard to find). Of the 13 Amazon reviews, 11 are five stars, one is four, the other is three. However, I must say that I don't think I've ever gotten the full 120 psi out of them. Maybe that is because I don't pump long enough, (it gets tiring after awhile, and ya just want to get back on the road). It has always given me enough pressure to get back home, I'm guessing between 80-90 psi.
    One reason -and probably the best one-Is that the Topeak "Morph" series pumps are amongst the best. I can get to 120 psi without wearing out my body or arm muscles easily. That even goes for the Mini Morph except that takes more strokes to get up to pressure. Then those that do use them would not contemplate carrying any other pump.

Have to admit that the carrier is not the best around but that can be overcome and that the gauge is next to useless with my ailing eyesight. But it proves the point that whenever a pump is required on a ride with others-it is always my pump that is asked for.
    How long was I in the army? Five foot seven.

Spike Milligan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sreten View Post
    Hi,

the right sort of bracket will come with the right sort of pump :
    rgds, sreten.
    This, or equivalent. I use a little C-dale Airspeed, and stick it in my jersey pocket. No gage, no problem. That's what thumbs are for. Use non-flat tire as your reference if needed.
    "It could be anything. Scrap booking, high-stakes poker, or the Santa Fe lifestyle. Just pick a dead-end and chill out 'till you die."

Erect member since 1953 cccorlew's Avatar
    My Bikes
    Roubaix Expert, Motobecane Fantom Outlaw turned commuter, Cannondale F500 Mtn bike, Some old French thing gone fixie
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am a huge advocate of what you propose. I have 3 different size road morphs, one on my road (mini) one on my commuter (mountain) and one on my fixie (regular.) I use the water bottle boss side clip for all. I hate zip ties so much. The regular Topeak mount is really ugly and destroys teh lins of your bike.

I got my holders through Performance Bike. Last time I looked they didn't sell them any more.

I looked on eBay and found several by searching for "bike pump clip" I think that will work for you!

I know the one I have was a bit large for my mini morph. I put a wrap of tape on it and it now fits perfectly. I also use a velcro strap just for good luck.
    WANTED: Not a darn thing. I've got it all. Life is good.
    Website at curtis.corlew.com —— Bicycle blog at ccorlew.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cccorlew View Post
    I am a huge advocate of what you propose. I have 3 different size road morphs, one on my road (mini) one on my commuter (mountain) and one on my fixie (regular.) I use the water bottle boss side clip for all. I hate zip ties so much. The regular Topeak mount is really ugly and destroys teh lins of your bike.

I got my holders through Performance Bike. Last time I looked they didn't sell them any more.

I looked on eBay and found several by searching for "bike pump clip" I think that will work for you!

I know the one I have was a bit large for my mini morph. I put a wrap of tape on it and it now fits perfectly. I also use a velcro strap just for good luck.
    http://todson.com/products-page/tope...harp-mini-tpd/
    DnvrFox - still bicycling, swimming, walking and weight lifting at 74yo is participating a bit in BFN 50+.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bikey Mikey Likey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once again the forum guys come through. The bracket being posted is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks for all the help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast