Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

A Shimano Flight Deck Question:

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-13, 04:12 PM
Team Geritol

Bikes: Cannondale R700 USA Ed., & Motobecane Century Team & Motobecane Titanium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I have a Shimano SC-6502 Flight Deck. I use it on two bikes with older STI shifters (Dura-Ace and Ultegra) with the SM-SC70 bracket. I am building a new bike with Shimano Ultegra ST-6703 shifters. I’m trying to determine if I can use the SC-6502 Flight Deck with the new ST-6703 shifters. After some research I have identified a bracket (SM-SC79) for the ST-6703 shifters. But there are two problems, 1) I cannot seem to find it available anywhere, and 2) I do not know if the SC-6502 Flight Deck will work with the SM-SC79 bracket. Has anyone been down this road or have any information on this topic? Thanks!
PS: I have posted this in the Electronics, Lighting & Gadgets forum, but thought some here may be able to help. Thx!
Old 06-29-13, 01:40 AM
NewKidInTown

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Try this https://www.celebrazio.net/bicycling/...atibility.html

I've had the link for a while but it gets updated regularly, not sure where I found it - it might even have been on this forum :o)

Hopefully it'll help.
Old 06-29-13, 01:51 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
OK, I'm not totally sure what's being asked. But if I'm not mistaken (and I have two bikes with it on them), the 6500 series Flight deck is 8 or 9 speed, only. Isn't the 6700 series 10 speed? If so, I can't see how it would work. I hope someone will correct me if I'm off base.
Old 06-29-13, 03:48 PM
Team Geritol

Bikes: Cannondale R700 USA Ed., & Motobecane Century Team & Motobecane Titanium

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
AmFaeEmbra, Thanks for the link to a very interesting web site. I will keep the link because I am sure it will come in handy at some time in the future. But unfortunately it does not have any compatibility information on Shimano computers. But again, Thanks!

Camilo, All three of my bikes are triple 10-speed bikes. The SC-6502 Flight Deck is 10-speed compatible. The SM-SC70 bracket has two wired connectors the attached to the shifters. Apparently the current generation of Ultegra shifters (ST-6703) are designed to communicate with the bracket wirelessly (see SM-SC79 bracket). Thanks.
Old 06-29-13, 08:59 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1109 Post(s)
Liked 1,200 Times in 760 Posts
Originally Posted by Spoke
AmFaeEmbra, Thanks for the link to a very interesting web site. I will keep the link because I am sure it will come in handy at some time in the future. But unfortunately it does not have any compatibility information on Shimano computers. But again, Thanks!

Camilo, All three of my bikes are triple 10-speed bikes. The SC-6502 Flight Deck is 10-speed compatible. The SM-SC70 bracket has two wired connectors the attached to the shifters. Apparently the current generation of Ultegra shifters (ST-6703) are designed to communicate with the bracket wirelessly (see SM-SC79 bracket). Thanks.
Thanks for the gentle correction. That's what I get for piping in out of ignorance.