To clear things up - I am a sub novice mtn biker/single track person. Nevertheless, here are some reasons I am loving it
- New skill set required
- Thinking fast - in "how do I avoid these roots and rocks going up a steep hill at about 3 mph and still maintain my balance?" I didn't fall once.
- Different strength/muscle groups required
- Scenery, scenery, scenery
- No car sounds, only a few people
- Controlling going down that steep hill at 15 mph or so ( for me,, at least)
- Maneuvering through "sand traps"
- It's fun and a change
- I'm 73 AND I CAN DO IT!!
It was cool early this am - ergo a light jacket!
There is a trail in front of that pine tree in the 3rd pic - look carefully. That's is an old family cemetery on the 6th pic with the fence.
And you? Do you enjoy single track/mtn biking? Why?
Below are some pics from today's ride at Spruce Mountain Open Space in Douglas County, CO Click again on the 2nd picture for a large picture