Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off to a different start

Flew from from NC to Portland for Cycle Oregon today. Will catch the chartered bus to the start of the weeklong ride in the am. Ventured into downtown Portland using light rail. Went to Burnside Brewery as a first stop. Complimentary beers due to a connection with my daughter. What a great start to the week!! Enjoyed a few then headed to another brewery with wood fired pizzas. Seeing lots of cyclists on city streets.

Very cyclist friendly city. Also the most local breweries of any city anywhere with 57. There must be a correlation between brews and cycling???

I will probably pay for this come mile one....
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    S-Works Tarmac
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess its not surprising, as beer is an excellent recovery drink.

Its been years since I was in Portland but I remember liking the place. Have fun and keep the rubber side down.

My Bikes
    2002 Trek 520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Oregon! Enjoy your week! I'm eyeing 2016...yes that's a way off but I'm new to the cycling thing, and I'll turn 55 (September) that year so that's my goal! Oregon is a beautiful, diverse state--from rain forests to high desert/grasslands! IMHO, we live in the best area: Central Oregon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weather will be improving over the next few days.
    '81 Austro Daimler Olympian, '86 Eddy Merckx Corsa Extra, '87 DeRosa Professional, '99 Calfee TetraPro, '03(?) Macalu Cirrus, '04 Tallerico, '97 Co-Motion Tandem

My Bikes
    Diamondback Edgewood LX; Giant Defy 1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beer, a different way of carb loading.
    Please support diabetics like myself, a red rider, by supporting the American Diabetes Association.
    If you see a Tour de Cure event, consider participating or supporting a Red Rider or other participant.

My nephew's and his two friends' blog about their riding the East Coast, Maine to the Keys:
    http://brobreak.wordpress.com/

My Bikes
    Too Many
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck. We just returned from Bend, OR Masters Road Nationals. Bend had friendly people, interesting terrain, great cycling infrastructure but we did not see many cyclists on the road compared to what we are used to in the Bay Area.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Einstein