Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Fifty Plus (50+) (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/)
-   -   Just a tiny bit of gloating . . . (http://www.bikeforums.net/fifty-plus-50/911703-just-tiny-bit-gloating.html)

DnvrFox 09-07-13 02:57 PM

Just a tiny bit of gloating . . .

After my single track this morning, I rode my mtn bike w/panniers and my back pack to Sprouts for some fruit. Got about 30 lbs, which included cantaloupe, etc. and fully loaded the bike and back pack up.

There was a dad and a 12-year-old son also on bikes in the store and we happened to be loading our bikes at the same time - they just had a little. I noticed a bit of a "You are a really old guy" attitude from them, despite my attempts at being friendly.

So, they left a bit before me, taking the same trail. However, I caught them and zoomed by them uphill like a bat out of he!! and did I give them THE LOOK!! :) :lol:

Probably just a figment of my imagination, but it WAS fun!! :D

rydabent 09-07-13 04:05 PM

Hey--good deal. "He that tooteth not his own horn finds that his horn has not been tooted"!!!

David Bierbaum 09-07-13 04:26 PM

To Toot or not to Toot. That is the question. Hoisted upon the horns of a dilemma.

big john 09-07-13 05:20 PM

Way to drop the hammer on those poseurs.

DX-MAN 09-07-13 07:04 PM

Maybe it's because I'm something of an A-hole, but I would have been wishing for an old tomato to casually toss over my shoulder as I passed.

eja_ bottecchia 09-07-13 07:08 PM

First Bill drops a tractor, now you drop a Dad and his kid...where will it all end? ;)

longbeachgary 09-07-13 07:10 PM

That's quite a bit of tooting for crushing a 12 year old.....

DnvrFox 09-07-13 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eja_ bottecchia (Post 16041920)
First Bill drops a tractor, now you drop a Dad and his kid...where will it all end? ;)

One has to take success where one finds it. There were no tractors on the road, but I did pass a bridge!!

eja_ bottecchia 09-07-13 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DnvrFox (Post 16041928)
One has to take success where one finds it. There were no tractors on the road, but I did pass a bridge!!

Well, in that same spirit I am proud to report that on today's ride I dropped several trees and a few rocks like they were just standing still. YAY me. :thumb:

B. Carfree 09-07-13 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longbeachgary (Post 16041924)
That's quite a bit of tooting for crushing a 12 year old.....

You've got to take your cat 6 wins where you can get them. I remember old Grandpa Foxy (he of Foxy Fall Century fame) in Davis back in the '80s only considering the Tuesday Night time trial fun if he beat all the females. I'm not sure he ever did truly "have fun" since there were always a few very fast women who showed up.

Mobile 155 09-07-13 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B. Carfree (Post 16042005)
You've got to take your cat 6 wins where you can get them. I remember old Grandpa Foxy (he of Foxy Fall Century fame) in Davis back in the '80s only considering the Tuesday Night time trial fun if he beat all the females. I'm not sure he ever did truly "have fun" since there were always a few very fast women who showed up.

Come on there is hardly anything an old grandpa likes more than Fast Women.

Dudelsack 09-07-13 09:11 PM

I hope you gave them The Look:

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps2e641326.jpg

Dudelsack 09-07-13 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DnvrFox (Post 16041928)

I passed a stone. Hurt like hell.

DnvrFox 09-07-13 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dudelsack (Post 16042288)
I passed a stone. Hurt like hell.

Not nearly as bad as passing a bridge - and it was a stone bridge!!

MickeyMaguire 09-08-13 02:42 AM

I told my son that the only time he ever beat me up a hill was when I had cancer in me. It's been gone for three years and my son has been in North Carolina. So... I told him that the next time we ride, he should prepare to watch me ride away from him. :)