Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

User Tag List

Old 09-08-13, 06:50 PM   #1
Planemaker

Bikes:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A First On The MUP

While riding on the MUP today I came to an intersection where a vehicle had pulled right into to the middle of the crosswalk and about a foot away from the curb. After I almost fell over trying to get around the vehicle I turned around, pointed to the crosswalk and growled to the driver "this is a crosswalk". The driver proceeded to honk his horn at me, get out of his vehicle and drop the F bomb at me. I thought about getting off my bike to see what the driver would do next but, I thought better of it and rode off.
Planemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-13, 07:04 PM   #2
GeneO 
garden slug

Bikes: Felt 2012 F55X, Specialized 2016 Diverge Expert X1
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Guess he thought he had the right to be an a$$hole.

Worse is the drivers that zoom past the solid white line without looking while you are crossing. I almost got nailed several times. Luckily I have a loud yell and their windows have been open in each instance.
Old 09-08-13, 07:22 PM   #3
DX-MAN
Banned

Bikes:
I'm about done playing with these fools. Time's coming when they're gonna get stunned and/or peppered.

Had one the other day almost run me into someone's hedges -- fifteen feet off the STREET! His tires brushed the curb on the wrong side of the street! Chalk up one for a mountain bike's versatility.

Beginning to feel like 'Budd' from Kill Bill 2 -- he was ready to unload a whole can of pepper spray in 'The Bride's' eyes before burying her alive.... After a lot of peaceful rides, that was an unwelcome change.
DX-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-13, 07:51 PM   #4
CommuteCommando

Bikes: KHS Alite 500, Trek 7.2 FX , Masi Partenza, Masi Fixed Special, Masi Cran Criterium
I always carry a camera phone. Take a picture, get the license plate in it, and send it to your local parking enforcment division. Try to do it with out creating a conforntation.
CommuteCommando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-13, 06:06 AM   #5
Wogster

Bikes: Norco Bushpilot (out of commission), Raleigh Delta
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommuteCommando View Post
I always carry a camera phone. Take a picture, get the license plate in it, and send it to your local parking enforcment division. Try to do it with out creating a conforntation.
File your complaint at the local police station, they will figure out which department will deal with the complaint. Unfortunately the vehicle owner may not be the driver, and they will state such to the officer....
Wogster is offline   Reply With Quote