My Bikes
    motorized cruiser,& Mtn bike & Folder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

knee pain help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODusRz1fX50
    i've been doing this and i find it helps quite a bit. i keep it on about 3 days
    http://www.walgreens.com/store/c/mue...069851-product

mslattery
    My Bikes
    Blue RC6 Road, Giant MTB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure that product has helped you, but you may also want to consider getting a professional bike fitting. Knee pain can often be improved by a better bike setup (assuming cycling is your primary form of exercise).

My Bikes
    2012 Colnago Ace road bike, 2010 Giant Cypress hybrid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely look into getting a pro bike fit if you are not sure how to make adjustments yourself. Unless you had chronic knee pain before you began cycling, knee pain is almost always the result of an improperly fitted bike.
    HCFR Cycling Team
    Ride Safe ... Ride Hard ... Ride Daily

2012 Colnago Ace
    2010 Giant Cypress

My Bikes
    motorized cruiser,& Mtn bike & Folder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope the knee pain has been around long time. Riding actually helps

Semper Fi, A way of life. qcpmsame's Avatar
    My Bikes
    CAAD 10 4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    K' tape has gained a lot of popularity lately as it is seen on many elite athletes in competitions. It can provide support for a joint and that may well be the reason you are getting relief by using it on your knee. The jury on why it works and how well is still out in the medical and the training communities right now. Some doubters have tried to write it off as a placebo effect since the user saw it on an elite level athlete, I don't buy that my self. If it works for you that is great, please don't discount the fitting of your bike also. If your riding has helped you with the knee pain the bike probably fits you well and you may have left another exercise type that was aggravating your knee and the cycling is allowing you to strengthen the knee and its structure so it hurts less or has stopped hurting, and that is a great thing.

Bill
    "I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Philippians 4:13

My Bikes
    '83 Trek 970 road --- '86 Trek 500 road
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My very minor knee soreness comes from cycling but not in the usual way. I have a callus on my right foot from decades of shoving it into the tip-up side of quill caged road pedals due to toe out and it has caused me to twist on it some while walking.

Finally started using Dr Sholl's "MoleFoam" around the callus and switched to wider touring pedals without the tip-up on the end. Also have developed a little arthritis in the back of my right leg from the same thing.

I'm only mentioning this to show that fit isn't necessarily the only source of knee soreness as I've had the fit part down since about 1980 when I stopped riding bikes a little too short for me. Have also also taken care of toe out problems as soon as I started wearing cleats except for the part where I developed the callus.
    "I never lost a race because my bike was too heavy".......George Mount