User Tag List

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a softer seat for the trainer

Alas! 'tis the season to ride indoors. Ice on the side streets and the good chance for a "plowable" amount of snow in the next few days means it is time to put away my summer riding gear and remove to the basement (the inquisition room). This year it dawned on me that the comfortable compromise of a saddle on my Trek was a good idea and why not then on the trainer? Purchased one the other day and plan to install it before my next sunless ride downstairs. It isn't one of those wide saddles that look like they should also have armrests. If you look at it cursorily you might even think it is a fairly serious roadie saddle. Just enough comfort to help tremendously. Perhaps that and my portable listening device(s) will make the time fly and keep me from edging up from my present 180 lbs over the winter.
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

"The bicycle, in the hands of a novice, is as alert and acute as a spirit-level in the detecting of delicate and vanishing shades of difference in these matters. It notices a rise where your untrained eye would not observe that one existed; it notices any decline which water will run down." -Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

My Bikes
    Pretty fast ones
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course there is always improving your core strength but then again that's a lot of work…...
    Hills are just flats that are tipped on one end.

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronze Potato View Post
    Of course there is always improving your core strength but then again that's a lot of work…...
    True. Actually, I do try to get up off the seat periodically and pedal standing up. Which I think must be good for one's overall fitness.
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

"The bicycle, in the hands of a novice, is as alert and acute as a spirit-level in the detecting of delicate and vanishing shades of difference in these matters. It notices a rise where your untrained eye would not observe that one existed; it notices any decline which water will run down." -Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you like the one on the outside bike? get another, identical, one.

If your trainer lets you use a conventional saddle (some don't)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The immobile unmoving saddle on the trainer and spin bikes kills my butt. Rollers are a little better, especially those that are free to move a bit fore/aft. Standing is a relief so I do that a lot.