Thread: Cont 4000s

My Bikes
    Colnago EP with Campy chorus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cont 4000s

Hi Guys , stock up on this tire for next year .http://www.probikekit.ca/bicycle-tyr...lack-700c-x-23

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From the prices, it looks like a sophisticated fencing operation.

tsl
    My Bikes
    1996 Litespeed Classic, 2006 Trek Portland, 2013 Ribble Winter/Audax
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, that's about their usual price. All the UK shops have much better pricing than the North American ones.

I usually buy from Ribble, (I even own one of their bikes) where the 4000S is priced US$5 less than at PBK. But PBK includes shipping in their prices, where Ribble has free shipping to North America only on orders over US$99, so you'd have to buy three tires, but then would save $15 over PBK's price.

Bear in mind, these will be going on close-out soon when the new 4000S II begins shipping in the spring.

For those who prefer to buy on their own continent, I've found TireManiacs.com usually has the best prices on Conti. Currently they're selling a pair of 4000S for US$82 including shipping to the US lower 48.
    Last edited by tsl; 12-17-13 at 08:49 AM. Reason: typoze
    My two favorite things in life are libraries and bicycles. They both move people forward without wasting anything.
    The perfect day: Riding a bike to the library.—Peter Golkin

Lucky for me, I work at a library and bike to work.

My Bikes
    Fuji, Specialized, Surly, BMC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've also used PBK for tires. Typically order 4000S for some of my friends who like the ride better than Gatorskins. I order 700x25 regular gatorskins for my bike, slightly rougher ride. Ride them with tire liners. Only had one flat this year for almost 8,000 miles of riding, so I'm happy

The only issue I have had with PBK is sometimes your shipment will get held up in customs when shipping to US.

I notice that PBK does not list the regular gators anymore so maybe a new model of gators is also coming out.
    Cycling is an addiction that is worth having; let's go!! South TX Randos www.rgvrandos.org

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ordered 3 conti's about a month ago from either PBK or Wiggle and they are already here. I think I got them for around $36-$37 each at the time.
    Ride your Ride!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought 3 a few weeks ago from PBK, I think they were about $36 each then. I live on the east coast and they took about 2 weeks to arrive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to Ribble website this summer and caught a nasty virus. Had to wipe the drive and reinstall OS. I will stick to US sites.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads-up. I ordered 2.

My Bikes
    Trek Domane 6, S-Works Tarmac, 5900 Trek superlight, Eddie Merckx, DeRosa,Turner 5 Spot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been buying both 700x23 and 25 Continental GP 4000s for about 6 months from these guys. They pay the shipping to the US. Even my club's pro deal isn't this good. they were out of 700x25's a few weeks ago.