Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Salsa Beargrease XX1, Trek Eqnuinox 9.9 SSL, Trek Madone 6.9 ,Trek District Carbon, Trek Boone7, Trek Fuel EX9.0,Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9, Trek Equinox7, Trek District Belt
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Off to sunny Sri Lanka in a few days...!

a12.jpga2.jpg

Lying just 2 degrees north of the equator, Sri Lanka is quite hot and humid the entire year. Even tho i have been going to sri lanka since the mid 1970's, this will be my very first time taking a bicycle. So looking forward to it..
    Trek Fuel EX9.0 Trek Fuel EX9.5 Trek Equinox 9.9SSL TTX Trek Madone 6.9 Pro Red Project One, Trek Boone 7, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9, Trek Carbon District

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is that dang jealous symbol when you need it?
    Lucky sod.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Be safe and keep in touch!

My Bikes
    Salsa Beargrease XX1, Trek Eqnuinox 9.9 SSL, Trek Madone 6.9 ,Trek District Carbon, Trek Boone7, Trek Fuel EX9.0,Trek Fuel 9.5, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9, Trek Equinox7, Trek District Belt
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heading over to my LBS to pick up my new ride that is being shipped with me to Colombo. They are going to box it for me and i want to see how its Cant wait to get out of this arctic weather..
    Trek Fuel EX9.0 Trek Fuel EX9.5 Trek Equinox 9.9SSL TTX Trek Madone 6.9 Pro Red Project One, Trek Boone 7, Trek Rumblefish Pro, Trek Remedy 9.9, Trek Carbon District

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife spent some time working there. She enjoyed it.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New adventure is about to begin for me..! Counting the hours..Pics to follow when i get there. Merry Christmas and a very happy and healthy 2014....

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arrived in HOT Sri Lanka about 10 days ago and today we had temps close to 97 degrees. After being advised by my wife NOT to take a bicycle to Sri lanka because of how dangerour it was, i did not listen and brought one anyways. Attempted to try it one time at about 0430am and was almost dusted 2 times. Wished i would have listened to her..Ughhh

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arrived back in the states last week after being gone to Sri Lanka for over 2 months. What a incredible time we had ..Lots of biking in 90 plus heat..Going to take a Mountain Bike next time..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad you're back safe - looking forward to some photos.

My Bikes
    Enough bikes...for today!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NVanHiker View Post
    Glad you're back safe - looking forward to some photos.
    Second that! And... how does one ever keep things from rusting in high heat and humidity?
    '69 Raleigh Sports, '72 Atala Record Pro, '82 Stan Pike (made for me!), '08? Serotta Legend Ti

My Bikes
    Bottecchia Sprint
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keep an eye out for that 777 or at least floating parts!
    cycling is like baseball ~ it doesn't take much to make it interesting