Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Road Bikes: 2014 Giant Propel Advanced 1; 1989 Klein Quantum, 2013 Giant Defy 2, & Mountain Bike: 2013 Cannondale Six
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Bike has Arrived...

Worth the wait, at least I hope so... Ordered the new bike several weeks ago, and it came in Friday, with the wheels I ordered last Monday arriving by Fed Ex on Saturday as the bike was being assembled. I took it for a shake down ride yesterday afternoon, and other than a few minor adjustment problems it rode great. I have a bike fitting scheduled in two weeks, and that should take care of the adjustment problems.

Propel1.jpgPropel3.jpg
    ECCLESIASTES 10:2

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm always pleasantly surprised about how well a new bike feels. What gruppo did you spec? Which HED wheels are those? Have you weighed it by chance?
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    Road Bikes: 2014 Giant Propel Advanced 1; 1989 Klein Quantum, 2013 Giant Defy 2, & Mountain Bike: 2013 Cannondale Six
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jppe View Post
    I'm always pleasantly surprised about how well a new bike feels. What gruppo did you spec? Which HED wheels are those? Have you weighed it by chance?
    Ultegra Di2...HED Jet 6 FR's...I haven't weighed it...by LBS threw in a CatEye computer that I haven't figured out yet. I can read the speed, the ride time, and the clock. But I can't figure out why it has GPS, and what good it does me. Nor can I figure out how to read my cadence. The biggest problem is that I can't read the small writing without my readers, and I don't wear my readers on the bike. Also, I am not much of a computer person. I also now can't figure out how to attach my iPhone since the computer takes the space where I used to attach the phone.

My Bikes
    2013 Giant RX 0, 2001 Mongoose Pro Triomphe, 2011 Giant TCR Composite, 2014 Giant Escape RX Composite
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's happier you or Grant? Looks great! Enjoy your new ride.
    Last edited by DowneasTTer; 12-23-13 at 12:24 PM.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DowneasTTer View Post
    Who's happier you or Grant? Looks great! Enjoy your new ride.
    I think we're both happy. Merry Christmas.

Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome looking bike.
    That doesn't look like Grant in the picture but it looks like the inside of Blue Run Bicycles. Am I right?
    My bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO carbon

I thought of that while riding my bicycle -- Albert Einstein

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RonH View Post
    Awesome looking bike.
    That doesn't look like Grant in the picture but it looks like the inside of Blue Run Bicycles. Am I right?
    You are right, that is Blue Run Bicycles in Dunnellon, and Grant is the one working on the bike.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow!

My Bikes
    2 Paramounts, CAAD8, Giant Propel Advanced SL3
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great frame with a ride that is awesome and most likely with those wheels a bit snappier than my stock 2013 Propel Advanced SL3.

ENJOY

My Bikes
    '92 Merlin Extralight, '14 Giant Propel Advanced 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bike comes with ride sense so you can use an ANT+ computer using GPS. When I got my Propel, I didn't get into all that. I just got a cheap Cateye wireless so I can view the speed and distance modes. The readout is plenty big for easy viewing. Were your minor adjustment problems mechanical or fit related? I keep my phone in a plastic baggy in one of my jersey pockets. I have no interest in seeing it on a ride. Enjoy the new ride!
    Mal

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankeetowner View Post
    Ultegra Di2...HED Jet 6 FR's...I haven't weighed it...by LBS threw in a CatEye computer that I haven't figured out yet. I can read the speed, the ride time, and the clock. But I can't figure out why it has GPS, and what good it does me. Nor can I figure out how to read my cadence. The biggest problem is that I can't read the small writing without my readers, and I don't wear my readers on the bike. Also, I am not much of a computer person. I also now can't figure out how to attach my iPhone since the computer takes the space where I used to attach the phone.
    Stick-on bifocals are cheap and easy to apply. I trimmed mine with a razor knife so they were just big enough to see the bike computer. They stay stuck on even when rinsing the glasses under the faucet.

See this old BF thread.

My Bikes
    Bottecchia Sprint
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    right on man!
    cycling is like baseball ~ it doesn't take much to make it interesting