Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

My Bikes
    Road Bikes: 2014 Giant Propel Advanced 1; 1989 Klein Quantum, 2013 Giant Defy 2, & Mountain Bike: 2013 Cannondale Six
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Motor Cycle/ Dirt Bike on MUP near miss

Taking the new bike for a test drive last evening on West Orange Trail in Orlando. At mile 23 I pass two pedestrians on their left, so I am left of center on the path intending to move back to my right. Suddenly, sounding like a chain saw, a motor cycle comes onto the trail immediately ahead of me on my left from a 90 degree angle. He looked startled (early 20's male with no helmet) as was I. He missed me by about 2 feet, but I instinctively hit my brakes and felt the rear wheel lock and go to my right. I stayed upright, as did he. We were in an area that is very nearly a tunnel through the trees, with a subdivision on my right and a low swampy area to my left, and there is no trail that enters the MUP.

I've dodged kids jumping in front of me, kids throwing a tree branch in front of me, dogs chasing me, a kid on a bike playing "chicken" coming towards me, but never a motor cycle/dirt bike coming perpendicular onto the trail. The last time I rode West Orange on a weekend I swore I'd never do it again. I'm done with it now.
    ECCLESIASTES 10:2

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Bike? http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...ke-has-Arrived

well where its normal seasons the MUP are not busy at all ..