User Tag List

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holiday Weight Gain Equals 0

Holiday feasting plus Snowstorm Shoveling = 0 weight gain.
    And I have only been on the trainer for 15 minutes in the last two weeks!
    I can keep my home unburied or I can use the bike trainer but I can't, at my
    age, do both comfortably.
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

"The bicycle, in the hands of a novice, is as alert and acute as a spirit-level in the detecting of delicate and vanishing shades of difference in these matters. It notices a rise where your untrained eye would not observe that one existed; it notices any decline which water will run down." -Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

My Bikes
    Colnago EP with Campy chorus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not gain any weight over the holidays too . I am the believer you should not pay the same real estate twice .

My Bikes
    2 rideable, 5. in pieces
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot too much eaten, a bit too much alcohol drunk and very little exercise in two weeks. Only 2-3 pounds put on. I'm satisfied with that, but have just rejoined the gym to try out some spin classes (even though I've decried them in the past) as the weather is likely to be a limiting factor for outside cycling for a couple of months.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I almost always tend to lose weight over the winter holidays. It's a very busy time in my household, and with the time off from work, I get to ride more often.
    A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking. - S. Wright

My Bikes
    Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Cervelo P2C/Duraace
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news, bad news here. The good news is I'm a good bit lighter than last year this time. Last year I had let my weight creep up and actually lost 4 pounds over the holidays. This year I've ridden even more than last year but have not lost any weight. Plus I'm a good bit heavier than what I was last Spring. This just seems to be an annual process and cycle for me so I know I'll need to buckle down and watch what I'm eating.
    Ride your Ride!!

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm close but I think that I'm up about a pound or so. I'm right at the verge between "healthy weight" and "over weight" so I have about 7 or 8 pounds to lose to get down to where I'd like to be. Up until Thanksgiving I was losing right at a pound per week so, with continued luck, I should reach my target weight my March 1.
    My greatest fear is all of my kids standing around my coffin and talking about "how sensible" dad was.

My Bikes
    Specialized Tricross Comp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People gave my candy over the holidays which is bad since I am a chocoholic. I knocked off a one pound box of Frango mints in two days and that wasn't all of the crud I ate those days. Overall I jumped about 3 pounds but most of it was water weight from the carbs. When I returned to my normal diet I dropped back down in a couple of days.
    Every man is, or hopes to be, an Idler. -- Samuel Johnson

My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ate all of the holiday goodies at Christmas and then came down with a horrible cold and lost whatever I'd gained. It's not the way I'd choose to lose it, but I'll take it.
    Quote Originally Posted by toddles View Post
    So Tom only hires people that are nutty? Is part of the requirement to be a moderator on this site is that you have to be nuts??
    Forum Guidelines *click here*

My Bikes
    2008 Scott CR1 Pro; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 2001 Fasback Comp; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I typically gain weight over the holidays. More family stuff, less riding, and great food.

I don't get turkey and cranberry jello salad often. So when I do, it's down the hatch. Screw the diet.

Thank God for my morning commute, or I'd be one chubby cherub.
    Proud parent of a happy inner child ...
    www.photo395.com

My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up two pounds, so basically one pound for every week off the bike. Trying to get rid of them now . . . I think one is gone. Saturday I rode a century with 4,000 feet of climbing and Sunday I rode 42 miles with 5,800 feet of climbing . . . and maybe lost 1 lb.

Not fair I tell you.

But what is? Get used to it, I tell my self.

Rick / OCRR

My Bikes
    Trek 1.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back on the bike trainer for at least 30 minutes per day. Am resolved to enter the new bike season in better shape than last year. Weight right near 180 and I would like to get it down to my weight as a young man: 175.
    Takes a lot of will power but once I get the time in I always feel better each day.Just have to keep concentrating on those lovely summer days of green and blue and the feeling that I can just keep going forever.
    Fuji S10S, Trek 1.1

"The bicycle, in the hands of a novice, is as alert and acute as a spirit-level in the detecting of delicate and vanishing shades of difference in these matters. It notices a rise where your untrained eye would not observe that one existed; it notices any decline which water will run down." -Mark Twain, "Taming the Bicycle"

My Bikes
    MASI Gran Criterium S & Guru steel
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sculptor7 View Post
    Holiday feasting plus Snowstorm Shoveling = 0 weight gain.
    And I have only been on the trainer for 15 minutes in the last two weeks!
    I can keep my home unburied or I can use the bike trainer but I can't, at my
    age, do both comfortably.
    Here in CT we passed a law against snow in excess of 4" and it seems to be working this week. You must be in MA.