Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Central Oregon 500 for fifty plus

Hey all, posting this ride here because i am the founder/rider and am a 50 plus. I started this as something to try on the week that I turned fifty a few years back. This will be the 3rd year of running it as a organized ride and fund raiser for the Mt Bachelor Sports Education Foundation. The ride is 5 days of 100 mile rides. All rides start and finish at the same site in Bend Oregon. There are a couple of big option days available 152 miles and new this year a 160+ mile ride. We have local riders as ride guides, full daily support and a great time. Check out the links if your interested or post any questions on this thread. This is a good event to set up for a summer of strong riding.

Enjoy

Ride Dates: 6/4 to 6/8

http://mbsef.org/events/central_oregon_500/
    http://ridewithgps.com/events/Central-Oregon-500
    questions on the ride to: centraloregon500@gmail.com

My Bikes
    2008 Scott CR1 Pro; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 2001 Fasback Comp; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I wish. I would love to do that with you guys.

Mind if I share with friends? That's great cycling country, and a great deal.
    Proud parent of a happy inner child ...
    www.photo395.com

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by C0500 View Post
    ... There are a couple of big option days available 152 miles and new this year a 160+ mile ride. We have local riders as ride guides, full daily support and a great time.
    I hear there's a young rider in your neck of the woods who's looking for work these days. Maybe he would like a job as a guide.

My Bikes
    2011 BMC SR02, 2010 Fuji Cross Comp, 1996 Specialized HardRock
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the kind of cycling vacation I would pick for myself! Going to have to think hard on it - price is mighty nice.
    2011 BMC SR02; 2010 Fuji Cross Comp; n+1 on hold today, due to college tuition and a wedding. Some day, some where, over the rainbow, I will get that 29er....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a great week of riding and with the start and finish each day located in Bend it's easy, just show up and ride every day. And Chris is welcome to ride with us any day !! Registration will be limited to 40, 5 day riders plus some additional spots for 1 day riders. The limit is due to the capacity of ride headquarters (my place**. There will usually end up being 4 or 5 groups out on the ride with different riding speeds and all. Registration happens at the MBSEF web site. Looks like snow wont be a issue this year but you never know.

My Bikes
    2008 Trek Madone 5.5, 2009 Cervelo R3SL tdf edition, Cervelo R5 with Di2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bookmarked. This sounds incredible.
    2009 Cervelo R3SL TdF Edition, Ultegra Di2
    2011 Cervelo R5, DA Di2

My Bikes
    2011 BMC SR02, 2010 Fuji Cross Comp, 1996 Specialized HardRock
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blast! Conflicts with a wedding that weekend. Well, you planted an idea in a couple of old noggins, we might just basically do a similar week unsupported in the Bend area. Such a grand place to ride, all I have done there is Tour des Chutes but I need to try more routes.
    2011 BMC SR02; 2010 Fuji Cross Comp; n+1 on hold today, due to college tuition and a wedding. Some day, some where, over the rainbow, I will get that 29er....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out the links from the MBSEF web site to the ridewithgps site. It has all the ride routes. Mackenzie pass before the gate opens is a favorite.

Enjoy

My Bikes
    Trek 7500, RANS V-Rex, Optima Baron, Velokraft NoCom, M-5 Carbon Highracer, homebuilt recumbent
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a candidate, but I was just in Oregon over Christmas to visit my son. Bend is a beautiful area for cycling.