User Tag List

My Bikes
    Rans Enduro Sport, Hase Kettweisel Tandem, Merin Bear Valley beater bike
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

St Louis area bike swap meet today

Mrs. Grouch and I didn't buy anything last year but we had a good time wandering around and talking to some bicycling friends so we decided to try again. This year I'm trying to sell my Technium fixed gear conversion. I've also got some 40 hole rims and a 24/28 hole rimset that I'd like to find hubs for. We'll see how it goes.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My greatest fear is all of my kids standing around my coffin and talking about "how sensible" dad was.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro Grouch View Post
    Mrs. Grouch and I didn't buy anything last year but we had a good time wandering around and talking to some bicycling friends so we decided to try again. This year I'm trying to sell my Technium fixed gear conversion. I've also got some 40 hole rims and a 24/28 hole rimset that I'd like to find hubs for. We'll see how it goes.
    Dang, and I'm in the St Louis area today. Just picked up in St Peters and on my way home. Too bad I didn't know about this sooner. might have been able to squeeze my schedule a bit.
    Where is the meet at?
    Gearhubs demystified and other cool stuff.

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. Elbert Hubbard.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next time you're in St Peters give me a PM. Maybe we can get together for a glass of water or something.
    My greatest fear is all of my kids standing around my coffin and talking about "how sensible" dad was.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't sell the fixed gear but we still had a good time at the swap meet. I had two different people talk to me about the fixie before we even got it inside but they both needed a bike about 1 cm smaller. Had to remind myself how many people I've told "If it's not the right size, it's not a good deal." I still felt good that a bike that I had essentially pieced together from bits and pieces would attract anybody's attention.

Bought a decent-looking $5.00 seat post to replace the Thompson that I'd stolen from my son's Klein. I've also been trying to figure out how to install a mirror on my Kettweisel trike after I convert it to bar end shifters. I found a pair of carbon fiber aero bars (without the clamps) for $10.00 that will do the job perfectly. Mrs. Grouch and I also bought some similar t-shirts that we'll probably wear to our Super Bowl party.

All-in-all, a good day!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next time you're in St Peters give me a PM. Maybe we can get together for a glass of water or something.
    What I'd really like to do is hook up for a ride on the Katy some day. There's a couple of places we pick up in St. Peters. Today, I was just off route 79 about a half mile north of 70.
    Gearhubs demystified and other cool stuff.

The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one. Elbert Hubbard.

My Bikes
    Giant Defy Advanced, Windsor Tourist
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed the swap meet even though I live close to it. It's in Collinsville, Illinois. Ironically I was out in Chesterfield, MO visiting my son and grandson. Wife and I did some walking on the Monarch Levee Trail there. It going to be nice when the I-64 bridge is finished as it will have a bike lane from the Monarch Levee Trail over to the Katy Trail.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Burkhart View Post
    What I'd really like to do is hook up for a ride on the Katy some day.
    I'd be for that provided you don't ride too fast and we can work out the details.

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrySTL View Post
    Wife and I did some walking on the Monarch Levee Trail there. It going to be nice when the I-64 bridge is finished as it will have a bike lane from the Monarch Levee Trail over to the Katy Trail.
    I wonder about the other end of the Monarch Levee Trail. Do you know if there is a plan to connect it to the Creve Coeur Park connection to the Katy?

My Bikes
    Giant Defy Advanced, Windsor Tourist
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder about the other end of the Monarch Levee Trail. Do you know if there is a plan to connect it to the Creve Coeur Park connection to the Katy?
    There's discussions about it, but no money or real plans yet. My son works for the City of Chesterfield and we were just talking about that yesterday.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Godfrey but I missed it this year due to conflicting engagements. Got a nice workstand last year and a deal on a usb rechargable blinkie.
    more cops have been killed by donuts than guns in chicago it is a medical fact ask any doctor.

My Bikes
    Trek Domane 4.5, Kona Jake, Centurion LeMans RS
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty productive day there for me this year. I found some needed parts for a Trek 820 build I have in the works, and a possible source of fenders for a 1954 Schwinn Traveler I built for my son. I brought one "trade item", a fixie chain that I incorrectly ordered thinking it would fit the Schwinn, but no interest in that.