Today was a great day ride here in the mid-west so, I decided to take the hybrid out for an easy spin.
- I get all of my gear on and head out to the garage
- Pull the bike out the driveway
- Attach the Garmin
- Air up the back tire
- Air up the front tire. Oops tire is flat
- I pull a brand new tube out of box install the tube and begin to air it up and the tube fails as the valve stem (still trying to figure that one out)
- I grab the spare tube out of my saddlebag install it and begin to air it up, I apparently pinched the tube because at 80 psi it blows
- To nice a day not to ride so, I pulled the roadie out of the garage air up the tires and get a nice 39 miles in
- Going to LBS tomorrow and ask for replaced for failed tube and buy a couple more
FYI - I think I need to use the flour trick in my tire to allow the tube to move around while it is being aired up.