Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: Parade of bikes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parade of bikes

I left the frozen tundra of NJ and am spending a week in Captiva Florida.Back home and in many areas of the country cycling has hit rock bottom due to snow and cold.Im here 3days and will be here 4 more.This is a beautiful place.Anyone who lives in a cold climate,shovels snow throws down rock salt and chips away at ice deserves a week down here,It's 85 at mid day and cools off to 65 at night.If you can make the trip.
    This place is bike friendly,my wife rode 3 days with me and is planning day 4.At home she does not ride on the rode so all the paths down here are great.
    We have seen all types of bikes on the island.Road,mountain,hybrid,trikes,bents,tandem ,tandem bents it's a parade of bikes.I think.we will just sit on a bench tomarrow and watch the bikes ride bye.At one point we saw 3 tandems in a group.
    We rented an interesting bike new to me.Its a beach cruiser type with a 3 speedy automatic gearing.Made by Trek.One starts off in low gear,increases cadence and she pops into 2 nd gear a little faster and you are in third.the rental agent said the bike will down shift and this throws some people off..Kathy looked at me like I'm not getting on this bike if it will throw me off when down shifting.I mentioned to the agent that you meant startled right?He laughed and said sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You picked the right week to escape. What we are getting today is nasty, nasty stuff. Wet and HEAVY.

Enjoy your vacation.
    If you don't know the way, you shouldn't be going there.